Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Susie's Mom (1 Viewer)

Susie's Mom

Hello all. This is my first time in this--or any--writer's forum, so please be patient with my ignorance of how things work.

I am a writer of adventure fiction and have completed nine books to date. I am not published yet (I'm sure it's because of that point-of-view thing!) but am finally receiving requests for more of my work.

I live in an isolated area where there is very little in the way of writer support and would like to hear from anyone sharing my genre. (Adventure/romance)

Susie's Mom

Hawke

Patron
Patron
Hello and welcome, Susie's Mom. Glad you found us. I'm sure you'll meet many Adventure/romance writers here. Enjoy!

Shinn

Hello there and let me welcome you to Writing Forums, Susie's Mom. I hope you will enjoy being here with so many like-minded writers! :)

~ Shinn

Susie's Mom

Thank you for the welcome Hawke, Shinn, and Baron. As soon as I figure out how to work this thing, I'm sure I'll enjoy "talking" with all of you. I am in the outlining stages of a book that centers around Vietnam vets. Any of you out there?

Susie's Mom

Hawke

Patron
Patron
Not a vet myself, but if you have any questions about the forum or need help, please don't hesitate to PM (private mail) me.

Susie's Mom

Hawke,
So sorry my replies are taking so long. I'm fumbling here. I looked at your prairie dog recommendation. It was hilarious! Reminded me of us when a car comes up our road (a very rare occurance). What is your genre?
Susie's Mom

Hawke

Patron
Patron
Sorry for taking so long as well! No worry about fumbling, dear—we all did it when we first got here. Prairie dog, huh? hmm. Are you sure that was me? I mean, I say a lot, but I don't remember that one. *grins*

Mine? Fiction, Horror, and am dabbling in Historical and Historical romance. You name it and I'll read it. :)

Nickie

WF Veterans
Hi there, Susie's Mom, and welcome! I write more or less the same genre: books full of adventure, suspense and of course, romance! If you want to chat about it, you can always contact me.

Nickie

Susie's Mom

Nickie,
Hi, and thanks for the welcome. Wonderful to hear from someone who writes in my genre. I haven't been to your website yet, but will check it out soon. I'd love to chat about work. My major work, to date, is a trilogy that centers around the issue of child abuse. Now, I am hoping to depart from that area temporarily, and write about Vietnam veterans (Navy) and the deep levels of loyalty they hold for the ships that they served on.
I am online off and on most days and am a hopeless night owl.
Susie's Mom

Susie's Mom

Sorry for taking so long as well! No worry about fumbling, dear—we all did it when we first got here. Prairie dog, huh? hmm. Are you sure that was me? I mean, I say a lot, but I don't remember that one. *grins*

Mine? Fiction, Horror, and am dabbling in Historical and Historical romance. You name it and I'll read it. :)
Hawke,
Dean Koontz once said that it is the gentlest among us who write the most terrifying stories. I have never tried horror myself, but have always enjoyed reading it--particularly Koontz. His 'Lightning' and 'Twilight Eyes' are masterpieces of the genre (in my opinion, of course).
My daughter is working on a historical novel set during the Civil War and is wading through the mountains of information available.
Susie's Mom

Hawke

Patron
Patron
Ah, isn't research grand? Gotta love it (or no one would write anything historical).

I love Koontz by the way, among many others.

Susie's Mom

Back online after helping my daughter wash our Great Dane.

I had something of a problem with the workshop that I chose to post on. I typed in the first chapter of a novel for review, and when I clicked on post, it simply disappeared. Does that happen, or did I simply lose track of it? I've checked in several places and have found no sign of it.

Susie's Mom

Shinn

Hey there Susie's Mom. :)

So, is the book about Vietnam veterans fictional or is it based in real life?

NiinaC

NiinaC,

Nice to meet a fellow adventurer. Is your story about the end of time? I love that subject.

Susie's Mom

Hey, Susie's Mom!

Oh Adventure is my middle name, I'm still amazed I'm as calm as I am on ordinary weekdays. ;)

Yeah, my story "The End" starts out very fast pace, and things like espionage and possession happens, but ultimately as bad as it gets in the and people think humanity might stop to exist it's all just a part of a bigger plan.
(I'm really proud of the ending I figured out for it. Until page 74 it didn't even have a name, now it's clear is has to be called "The End".)

Susie's Mom

Shinn,

Sorry for the delay, our library had a Festival of Books and I've been gone for that.

No, my Vietnam vet story won't be factual. I don't think I'd take on something like that without having been there. I was only able to witness that war from my living room.

Susie's Mom