Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

'Sup? (1 Viewer)

A

Athanatos

My online alias is Athanatos, it's how I'm known around the web. Not to be confused with the one or two other Athanati roaming the net, with literary skills that pale in comparison to mine. Don't mistake this as an attempt to brag. I'm sure you all know how pathetic some people are at maintaining anything, especially the quality of their text, when hidden behind a digital veil.

I've been foruming for the past few years. The communities I've been a part of up until now are where I've discovered most of my writing ability, mainly because I was required to strengthen it to prove points or win arguments. At the time these were things I was very passionate about. Bettering myself as a writer didn't feel as dull as it did when the teachers at my high school were trying to force me into it. For the first time, I was feeling almost excited about writing.

Just so you know, I'm a high school senior. Though I do enjoy writing, I never seem to be able to bring the same feeling to it when I'm doing it for school. I don't like all the limitations I'm shackled with. They try to tell me there are specific ways to write, and that anything else is incorrect. I don't feel these guidelines are necessary. For me, instead of guiding they do nothing but constrict my creativity. I've never been a fan of those rules.

I've been looking for a place to expand. I don't think I'm going to learn anything from high school classes, that's just not the way I work. I need to do it myself, my own way. I was thinking this community would be a good start.