Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Suggested Books to Read (1 Viewer)

C

Catt``

I have a long list:

The Return of the Native and Jude the Obscure by Thomas Hardy. He's one of my favorite authors. Not all of his novels are that great, but these two hit it out of the ballpark.

To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee.

I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings by Maya Angelou.

The Color Purple by Alice Walker.

Crime and Punishment by Dostevsky.

Breakfast at Tiffany's by Truman Capote.

1984 by George Orwell.

Steppenwolf. The author's name has escaped my mind. :)

MacBeth. A definite must read.

Anne Rice's novels are terrific. My favorite is "The Witching Hour".

The Handmaid's Tail by Margaret Atwood.

Brave New World by Aldous Huxley.

The Prophet by Kahlil Gibran.

Hamlet by Shakespeare.

Gone with the Wind by Margaret Mitchell. A bit tooky, but fascinating.

John Fowles' The Magus. Definitely fascinating. A brilliant writer.

Uncle Tom's Cabin by Harriet Beecher Stow.

I'm not into Ernest Hemingway. I read The Old Man and the Sea and I found it just too depressing.

This is a long list, I know. However, I hope it helps.

We briefly looked into Uncle Toms Cabin in history, that was written to depict slavery to the New England colonists, right?
I like...

The Count of Monte Cristo by Alexandre Dumas
The Sight by...I don't remember, I read it a few years ago, I can look it up if anyone is interested
And others I can't think of right now...