Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Strangers (1 Viewer)

ritudimrinautiyal

I was smoking by the side of the exit door
and she was just moving out of the washroom.
She passed a smile and asked
" Daughter ! Are you a journalist ? "
I replied "No "
She said " My husband is a journalist and he smokes a lot "
She picked out a guava of her bag, offered me and walked towards her compartment.
I thought if I could meet my mother in that train
only for moments,
but just as strangers.

Ritu

I was smoking by the side of the exit door
and she was just moving out of the washroom.
She passed a smile and asked
" Daughter ! Are you a journalist ? "
I replied "No "
She said " My husband is a journalist and he smokes a lot "
She picked out a guava of her bag, offered me and walked towards her compartment.
I thought if I could meet my mother in that train
only for moments,
but just as strangers.

Ritu
Hey Ritu,

So, I'm trying to figure this out. My understanding is that conversations with strangers are easier than interactions with family —no judgments, no drama, just acceptance. Wouldn't it be nice if parents could accept us as easily as strangers do? Is that what you were writing about? I'd like to understand.

ritudimrinautiyal

Hey Ritu,

So, I'm trying to figure this out. My understanding is that conversations with strangers are easier than interactions with family —no judgments, no drama, just acceptance. Wouldn't it be nice if parents could accept us as easily as strangers do? Is that what you were writing about? I'd like to understand.
You hit the bull's eye Happy dear.
Thanks for the read
Ritu