Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

strange motivation... or is it???? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kunox

I was thinking about what motivates me to write. I think i may have stumbled on why I find that I work in small burst. I swear it is very wierd though. you see I may have gotten into writing to see what others would do with my own ideas. let me repeat that. I may have gotten into writing to see not what my ideas would be but what others would do with my ideas. So i was wondering if I could reward myself for writing five chapters of a book by paying someone to write fanfiction of other works of mine? I know it sounds wierd and convoluted. it may be what motivates me altogether.. how else would i go about using this kind of motivation though. it started when my bff had dreams about the stuff I wrote and told me about my ideas before i told him. due to a dream... it us complicated but I was wondering if there were any cheaper ways to go about this than go on fiverr and just say.. you get to write fanfict about my book if I get 5 or 6 chapters done...o.0.. yes I know this is wierd but it may work...

Taylor

Staff member
Global Moderator
I may have gotten into writing to see not what my ideas would be but what others would do with my ideas.
That is a very astute observation. I have no advice to give you wrt. the cost, but it seems like a solid strategy. It makes me think of when I've watched a really good movie and then, am more enthralled by the credits at the end than I was with the movie. The sheer number of people involved. There is no rule that says you have to produce all aspects of the final product. I say try it! You have nothing to lose other than money.

Theglasshouse

WF Veterans
Sure. I say go for it. Hopefully they do a good job. I think writing is a challenge for me as well. There seems to be not one day it seems gone by that I am researching how to come up with a solution. I do think technology will be there someday to save the day. They are making some devices for mind-reading to type on a computer. That could be what we need., but it won't be in the market for a good while.

Today I found a useful book on how to write more coherently (a reviewer recommended it, although they said it didn't help 100% improve his ability to write coherently. Don't know how to describe a mirror? Read articles that describe mirrors to find details, for instance. Everyone has a different take on how a mirror looks like. When describing a room with 3 mirrors, I am thinking of applying this strategy. (Read then write, this is research in his words). Every object, person's appearance, place has a description that can be researched.).

Writing is a big obstacle in people's lives to have fun and to be creative. One day the cure will arrive or the solution. I sometimes wish I could have an easier time as well doing this.
(The below is a new book I found today)

How to Write Paperback – March 16, 2007 (I will buy sometime in the near future-less than one month from today-available on kindle). It supposedly teaches how to outline a paragraph and more.

by Alastair Fowler (Author)
I know how it feels. Someone once made fun of me on the basis of ableism, since I wasn't aware I had dyslexia and maybe a bit of dysgraphia. My onset of mental disease came a little afterwards after meeting the person who made fun of me. I didn't want to give in to his words that I should lose all hope.

Status
Not open for further replies.