Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Still pissing 'em off at S.F. State (1 Viewer)

N

Nightshadewizard

Still pissing 'em off at S.F. State Today's San Francisco State University controversy seems to be a tad milder than from bygone years (more on that later). A real political drama of course albeit somewhat more feathers than chicken meat. Comes from the Young College Republicans at San Francisco State.

(kinda makes ya wonder how they get dates or even got accepted into this heavy heavy brainiac school to begin with)

However to my surprise and perhaps to yours I actually agreed with these folks. On this one occasion anyway.

How did I hear of it? From my local Liberal S.F. radio station KQKE. This station actually gave some decent air time today to the local leader of the Young College Republicans (or whatever these idiots call themselves). And this is good. We want to hear diverse opinions on political matters.

Now perhaps we won't ever get Noam Chomsky on the Sean Hannity show, but our local Liberals seem like fairly decent folks to have given air time to a miniscule group of college Republicans. People so far detached from the mainstream and in such the tiniest of minorities here in the Northern Californian populace that I thought that they'd finally gone extinct.

The controversy? The Young Republicans wanted to trample and step on the Flags representing Hamas and Hizbollah. Terrorist organizations in most folks opinion. As well as mine too.

Originally these pubescent future Karl Rove wannabees had proposed to BURN these same flags.

Well this touches on some tender nerves.

1. The first one that comes to my mind is that of legality. The word "Arson" in other words. You can't burn something just anywhere in a crowded metropolis. At least not without expecting to spend a night in jail. Especially when burning something in a well travelled large college campus. Besides that cloth doesn't burn very quickly without bringing in some sort of inflammable liquid. Bad press to have your Hamas flag flame burn out in a brief photo-op.

Gasoline is effective but too volitile. You may end up burning yourself in the ass. Much better is kerosene however the cloth must be completely soaked first. Is best to use a strong starter like a plumber's soldering torch with an automatic igniter.

Matches blow out in the San Francisco sea breeze too easily. I don't know what the fine or jail term is to even bring a gallon of gasoline on campus. Doesn't sound like it's worth it no matter what your cause or flag is. Serious shit and trouble just being caught carrying the flammables I'd expect.

I may be a wild one but even I wouldn't go there...

2. The concept of either trampling or burning Hamas and Hizbollah flags sure started some REAL shit on campus. Wish i had the link. Trust me, it's all true. The local Liberals complained and the University decided that trampling on flags represented a relatively serious matter likely to hurt the feelings of Islamic types attending the University.

The battle to stop the GOP teenie boppers from trampling the flags was based upon a certain religious feature contained on both flags. The idea being that you may, if you wish, trample a photo of Hitler but you can not trample a Christian Cross, Star of David or whatever the fuck stupid religious icon is contained on many an Islamic based country's flag.

However no Moslems complained that i know of. In fact the effort to stop these flag stomping GOP'ers with undescended testicles was headed by someone with a very NON Islamic name. Of Irish or British descent. Can't quite remember...

San Francisco State University is no stranger to controversy. I remember one from the late 1960's when a bunch of war protestors were silenced or something by the Late S.I Hayakawa. he was President of S.F. State back then. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/S._I._Hayakawa

And more recently when a bunch of retards put up a really nasty anti Jewish mural there:

San Francisco State U. Unveils Toned-Down Mural of Malcolm X

San Francisco -- Two years after administrators at San Francisco State University removed a controversial mural of Malcolm X, the university has unveiled without incident another painting of the slain black activist.

The first mural prompted protests by Jewish students, who called it anti-Semitic because it included stars of David, dollar signs, and skulls and crossbones. Some black students defended the mural, saying it accurately reflected Malcolm X's anti-Zionist views. http://chronicle.com/che-data/articl...r/44a00603.htm

But back to today: Clearly these Young College republicans wanted media attention. To their surprsie (and MINE) they got A LOT of radio time on an Air America affiliate.

What's the world coming to? hee hee hee...

Now my opinion: Trampling a flag on campus is a publicity stunt. However I myself do not like Hamas, Hizbollah or even most of the Palestinian idiots I come across. They bother me. Especially when they associate themselves with very good matters like stopping the carnage in Iraq and anywhere else there are a few billions of easy dollars to be made in oil.

I do not want to see "death 2 Israel" signs at San Francisco anti war rally's.

Now perhaps if I was from a small town in Lebanon where Hizbollah was once very generous to the locals providing food and education to children i might view them differently. Then again maybe not. One man's freedom fighter is another's terrorist.

We all draw the line at different places. I group republicans in two categories: Evil or just plain stupid.

With President Bush we get a combination. Dick Cheney gets pure evil but with a little bit of brains.

However this is all I do to republicans: Insult them.

If however i come face to face with any Holocaust denialists, Nazi sympathizers, or "death 2 Israel" types they will be spitting teeth. After the obtain consciousness anyway. Assuming they do wake up. I've warned my online buddy Oswald about this: Start that pro hitler Social engineering shit in my company and I'll lay you out COLD in one punch.

I've done it before, but not with Oswald. Ain't met him yet. He better hope I don't...

This time though, the teenie bopper GOP'ers were correct. And they shouldn't lose their school charter because of it. I say let them remain an offical group on campus but with their very own "Free Speech Zone". Somewhere west of S.F. State where the new sewer treatment plant is located.

Just like Bush gives the Liberals whenever he is in most towns.

However Dubya wouldn't dare set foot here. His papa did once or twice as prez but Junior is a little too scared. Won't do it. Just like in 'Nam: Didn't have the balls to serve.