Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

speaking of a tavern{cabin fever cure????} (1 Viewer)

kunox

I got a weird question that wouldn't stop being relevant for me even if we weren't in a pandemic. how does one deal with cabin fever. a little known fact about me is that I live in the middle of nowhere with no transportation. so apparently I am constantly getting cabin fever. is there a way to deal with it temporarily without leaving the house. any help would be appreciated...

Theglasshouse

WF Veterans
https://www.healthline.com/health/cabin-fever#when-to-get-help

That seems like a good article. However, here is what has been working for me minus the friend part since I have an extensive family.

My personal suggestions. Play video games which is good for people with different schizophrenias. Do home exercises, on YouTube there might be some good exercise routines with no equipment needed. I remember gym class so maybe it would be walking and or running. Do 5000 steps a day or more or keep a pedometer. Doing some sort of exercise while playing music can help. But you also need sunlight since it helps elevate the mood. I think I might have told you this before but take vitamin D at 5000 mgs, because you need that amount in doses for the body to absorb the vitamin. I currently take 10,000. Go to the library. Protect yourself during the pandemic. There is a good music service I discovered the other day that has cd quality which could be tidal or something else. Make it a plan to visit people if you want to keep friends or to make it a consistent thing. It requires time but could well be worth it. Or you can also use spotify as a free account.

bazz cargo

Retired Supervisor
I have an oddball one. Spinning on the spot. Then lying on the grass watching the clouds whirl by.

I could make up some twaddle to back up this activity, but I won't. Somehow it works.

Foxee

Patron
Patron
I have an oddball one. Spinning on the spot. Then lying on the grass watching the clouds whirl by.

I could make up some twaddle to back up this activity, but I won't. Somehow it works.
I am going to try this! Even without cabin fever it would be fun.

I'd suggest reading, kunox, and writing. And try sketching, even if you're not practiced making art can be absorbing in a positive way.

Make something even if it's paper crafts made with You Tube tutorials.

Exercise.

Learn a new recipe (again, lots of video tutorials on the internet... Gordon Ramsey even!)

Make music. If you're by yourself get used to the sound of your own voice singing (sounds strange to say but a lot of people are afraid of the sound of their own voice) or even just learn how to make and play a one-string guitar (unitar or diddley bow).

Get a pet?

kunox

I am going to try this! Even without cabin fever it would be fun.

Make music. If you're by yourself get used to the sound of your own voice singing (sounds strange to say but a lot of people are afraid of the sound of their own voice) or even just learn how to make and play a one-string guitar (unitar or diddley bow).

Get a pet?
I wrote a song once lyrics wise but I hadn't gotten any real musc put to it.. plus a rap battle between two of my characters that has volume problems... but will keep this is mind...

Users who are viewing this thread