Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Sound Designer (1 Viewer)

Hi everyone,

It's a pleasure to e-meet you all and hope everyone is doing well and staying safe!

My name's Steve and I'm admittedly not a writer but I do love a good read! I'm actually a sound designer based in London and I'm currently developing some ideas for a binaural audiobook experience. I've had a go at trying to float some ideas for a story but unfortunately my brain doesn't seem to be built for it haha partly because I'm a fairly impatient person and I prefer to work with sound, that's how I like to help tell stories.

Anyway I made an audio opening for a story which would be about the samurai around the Sengoku Jidai period but can't seem to develop it further. I was wondering if anyone here has interest in Medieval Japanese history or is working on a story like that too? Also I would love to connect with anyone who would be interested in a project like this to help tell their own story, I love anything fantasy related too.

I have a project I sound designed in the past about war stories from WW1 & WW2 which I'd share with you to get an idea of what I'm talking about and happy to share the samurai file too privately obviously.

Looking forward to connecting with some creative people such as yourselves!

Kind Regards

Steve