Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Something About Nothing (1 Viewer)

W

Watakshino

I just have a little story about a book I recently read. About a week ago, my newspaper had an article about a local college student publishing a book called "Something About Nothing." And it sounded like it would be an interesting read, at the least, so I bought a copy. I have to tell you, this book had me in tears because I was laughing so hard. I seriously cannot remember the last time I laughed like that. In one letter, this student, Adam Palmer, tried to buy a company for $24 and actually sent them the check! Another one had him contacting a cereal company saying that he had found a ten dollar bill in his cereal, but that he only wants to know if anyone at the company lost the bill because he wants to return it.

I just can't imagine how this guy came up with these letters. It's even more mind boggling that companies responded. Lol.

I would definitely recommend this book to anyone of any age looking for a good, long laugh. I bought mine at a local mom and pop bookstore, but I noticed that it can also be bought online at the usual book sellers. Barnes and Noble, Booksamillion, Amazon, or PublishAmerica.com (The publisher). Amazon.com even has a sample letter if you want to read it.

Everyone who is looking for a great coffee table book or even a gift for someone, this is the book to buy. I know I'm getting a few more for my relatives this Christmas. I promise, you won't be disappointed with "Something About Nothing." :D

Here's a link to amazon.com: