Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Some of my favorite books (mostly fiction) (1 Viewer)

luna626

I have so many "favorite" books I couldn't even think of them all. But I'll list some I can....

I Never Promised You A Rose Garden, by Joanne Greenberg
-Not fiction, true story about a girl who created her own world and was
put in a mental hospital. I haven't finished it, but so far it's amazing.

Just Listen by Sarah Dessen
-Very good. Fiction about a girl who was almost raped and subsequently
shunned in school.

This Lullaby by Sarah Dessen
-Another one by Sarah Dessen (her books are awesome). About a
headstrong girl about to go to college who meets someone who changes
changes her life.

Speak by Laurie Halse Anderson
-Wonderful. Dark and yet funny. About a girl who was raped.

Mara, Daughter of the Nile by Eloise Jarvis McGraw
-I read this multiple times. (Read most of these multiple times actually)
Historical fiction about an Egyptian slave girl.

That's it that I can think of... If you have any favorites, post them! If you're intrigued by these, I suggest reading them. They're great books.

Cearo

My favorite book has to be "The Gift" by Patrick O'Leary.
It's probably not the best book I've ever read but it's had a definate impact on me. It is fantasy but it's a story within a story with stories to define it. The plot is long and kind of convoluted but it's easy enough to follow. The characters are real in an almost painful kind of way and the action builds just enough. I've read it several times and I highly recommend it. I think it's just too under-read.

sanctuary

I've read most of those books. Have you ever read Prom, by Laurie Halse Anderson? It's a good book, read it!

DesolateValkyrie

Oh, so many favorites! Gone With the Wind, Portrait of Dorian Gray, Middlesex, House of Leaves, Jonathon Livingston Seagull, Les Miserables, Choke, Ellen Foster, and many many more!

M

MissLambChops

I have to say my favorite books would be the His Dark Materials series and The Princess Bride. I think I might like The Princess Bride better, because I've only read it once and not just last week. But I read His Dark Materials every year. The first book in the series is so dog eared and used. I love it like it's my baby. Hehe. And I asked for The Princess Bride for Christmas. That happens to be one of my favorite movies, too.