Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Social media standing (1 Viewer)

Buffy

I maintain two blogs. One on writing and another about fitness. I want to optimize these blog sites, and so, I use social media as part of my strategy. I have been using my one account in Twitter to create links to my blog sites. I am thinking of creating a whole new different account for my fitness blog alone. Do you guys think it's a good idea? Or building up my online reputation through my personal account is the best method?

PiP

Staff member
Co-Owner
Hi Buffy,

Interesting question :) Writing and Fitness are totally different and no doubt attract different types of followers. IMHO I would go for separate Twitter accounts. While you could use #tags in your tweets to differentiate, I'm not 100% convinced it would work. It's like tweeting about your meat business while trying to sell waffles. Unless you call yourself the writing fitness freak :cupcake:

Do you know this website? ShoutMeLoud : How to Blog I find it really informative. They have a section on Twitter which may help.

What are the URLs for your websites?

Are you just using Twitter to promote your blogs?

Good luck with whatever you decide :)

PiP

Buffy

Hey thank you pigletinportugal! I still use one account now but I am planning to set up a new one for my fitness blog as I am always giving out useful advice on exercise and other fitness programs. My writing blog is totally different so you may be right on suggesting two accounts. I shall check out the link you suggested. Thanks!

PiP

Staff member
Co-Owner
Hey Buffy,

I could do with some fitness tips as I'm trying to lose 10kg for my son's wedding in July. Please PM me with details of your blog :) Perhaps next time I write a post about dieting and fitness I can include a link back to your blog.

PiP