Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Sobama: Are you listening? (1 Viewer)

Heya,

I kinda got into a bet to write a story in 30 days at my junior high school witha couple of people. (basically nanowrimo except unnoffical) and i was just wondering how this sounded:
Prologue

“Africa is the closest damn equivalent to hell you’ll ever find on this planet.” I remember these words years ago from a journalist during the civil war. You will never understand how true these words are.

The thick smell of the diesel powered engine was actual a haven from the scent of congealed blood that, until recently, had pooled on the bed of the bakkie. Most of the people around me had been injured. Some simply beaten, the others shot by government militia. The man next me was scarcely breathing while clutching his stomach. Rivers of crimson flowed from his wound and onto the bench. I tried to wipe the blood off the bench and onto the floor, but it had soaked into the wood and my shorts so I gave up in futility. Hearing the sounds of gunshots in the distance, I couldn't believe how lucky I was.

Before I tell you my story, you should know only two things: How true some points of this story are, and that you are in for a long haul.
Are you listening?

mammamaia

fyi, this section is for non-fiction only... and, despite any 'true points' it may contain, your piece is fiction...