Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

So... How'd Your Day Go? (4 Viewers)

Sinister

I don't know if that's possible. The people I usually counsel with need more counsel than I do. That is what has me in such a spiral, honestly. I can take punches, bad ones, too. I'm practically a masochist. But I can't watch people take them, isn't that funny? Even if it's something stupid, but if I know how much it hurts them when they're vulnerable... Idk, It's been a wicked couple of years.

-Just Some Guy

Theglasshouse

WF Veterans
I have seen people who get counsel if they are facing an illness they need to overcome. The worse the mood will be it will lead to no fun and you want to recover physically. I know the better your mood the better your health could be. I know I have had imo some dysfunctional people in my life. You don't want this to impact your mood. I am no professional. My advice I would give my aunt when she was depressed was to take her anti-depressant medications. I have a uncle with schizoaffective disorder who is so cheap he puts his life in danger by not taking his meds. He doesn't want to pay for it. He wants his mother to pay for it who is my grandmother. If you seek help you can prevent future problems. A friend of my father developed schizophrenia when he wasted all his money to save himself and he had cancer. He developed it for many reasons. I hope you find a way to improve. But you must take the steps it is your decision of something is bothering you. At counseling you don't need meds. There are doctors. They talk to you before determining that. They talk to your best friends and closest families to determine that. I told my grandmother what could happen to my uncle . Now she buys his expensive medicine. He takes much more medicine that me. But if he didn't have someone to buy his medicine one day he would turn into a full blown schizophrenic. The medicine would one day stop working for him. No matter what he did. Your case is different. I hope you find a way to cope. One way is not to worry. People I have heard about live a shorter life when worried. I hope you can turn it around. I dislike depression even though I recovered from it.

Last edited:

Sinister

You're dead on about worrying. I'm getting ahead of myself by worrying for others, when I don't even know how they'll be affected yet. I don't have very many people in my life, which I am fine with. I don't need much emotional support, but that means I panic about the little that I have and it makes me viciously protective of those I care about; their welfare is always on my mind. And if that sounds too selfless, it's not. When I'm in trouble, I look to them to joke with or blow off some steam. So they're my armor when I need them. I never can tell if I'm blowing things out of proportion when it's regarding someone else's mental safety and health. I'll just have to be patient and see if there's any good luck left for me and my people.

I do appreciate talking about it with me, though. Thanks, Theglasshouse. It's helped dispel some of my panic.

As for the rest, we'll see, I guess. To be continued... =/

-

Theglasshouse

WF Veterans
Share what you are willing to share. I'm satisfied that some of the panic you mentioned vanished by talking. I use to be paranoid and hateful when depressed and distrustful towards someone important in my life. Now with the disease under control that vanished.

Theglasshouse

WF Veterans
I am disappointed one of my books for fiction composition may be lost. In five days or more I will know the answer. If I don't have it I don't want to wait 17 days. But I will probably want a replacement and that is another 17 days gone by so 34. I have to check the post office by monday. It was an import product from the Great Britain. That is why it took so long.

Olly Buckle

Mentor
Patron
Never tried counselling, my advice, and what I always try to do, is 'get outside'. There is something about being outside with nothing between you and the sky. Rural is better, but it still works for me in the city. Hope you feel better soon, Sinister.

indigostar

Feeling amazingly low and let down. I don't have enough information to warrant the way I feel right now. Could just be a nice head game that life is playing with me. We all know how mean our brains can be to us sometimes and life eventually finds our one vulnerable spot, even if we only have just the one and it's tiny. I need...I need something uplifting and it is not here.

I'm used to this being a much happier time of year. 2/10

-Sin
Hope you are feeling better today. I've been feeling the seasonal blues a little bit as well lately, it's never far away when the leaves start to fall.

If you are struggling, though, you might want to speak with a professional. A simple and easy check to do is to ask yourself these three questions;
  • Have I had nutritious food recently?
  • Have I drank enough water recently?
  • Have I been outside for a walk recently?

Usually, we can enhance our own mood by ensuring the above 3 things are taken care of. 10 minutes outside is enough to boost our Vitamin D and lift our mood, usually.

This place seems like it's very warm and supportive - if you ever want to talk feel free to message me. Sending happy vibes!

Darkkin

WF Veterans
The work is not the newest, but is juggernaut class. Stand or fall on its own merit, it is a foundation piece. A fractal root. Go big and fall hard.

kunox

working on what I call my motivational snow ball. I was doing good this morning. I got 2,000 steps in but I hit a wall around 12pm... I mean I couldn't even get out if bed,,, So I made a bargain with myself. I said just clean one dish and so I did... then I waited to minutes and cleaned another. each time counting my steps and increasing the amount of work every now and then. now I am 5,00-ish steps into my 8,000 for today and I have cleaned a bit... that helped out I swear... does anoewone else d this?

Sinister

Hope you are feeling better today. I've been feeling the seasonal blues a little bit as well lately, it's never far away when the leaves start to fall.

If you are struggling, though, you might want to speak with a professional. A simple and easy check to do is to ask yourself these three questions;
  • Have I had nutritious food recently?
  • Have I drank enough water recently?
  • Have I been outside for a walk recently?

Usually, we can enhance our own mood by ensuring the above 3 things are taken care of. 10 minutes outside is enough to boost our Vitamin D and lift our mood, usually.

This place seems like it's very warm and supportive - if you ever want to talk feel free to message me. Sending happy vibes!
Idk, either I'm depressed all the time or I very rarely have been. My father deals with Seasonal Affective Disorder. I make up with other disorders. lol As far as a professionals, I've seen a few from a pretty young age. They've never done too much for me. But you're right about the three questions. I tend to forget food and water. Pretty stupid of me, but I just have other things on my mind and I only remember when others remind me or I'm on the point of starvation or thirst.

Never tried counselling, my advice, and what I always try to do, is 'get outside'. There is something about being outside with nothing between you and the sky. Rural is better, but it still works for me in the city. Hope you feel better soon, Sinister.
Thank you, Olly. I'm doing much better. I'm pretty fortunate when it comes to walking space. Nothing around me but family land, and while Kentucky hills are hard on the ankles and take some hiking chops, they sure are beautiful in the fall. Might go for a stroll right now, actually. For once it's not raining.

But yes, thanks, you lot. You've all been very supportive. I'm doing much better. I think a lot of things are going to work out eventually and the certain involved parties are improving in attitude and in health. So long as they can cope, I can cope. A little help from kind forum members also went a long way.

Thank you,
-Sin

kunox

Idk, either I'm depressed all the time or I very rarely have been. My father deals with Seasonal Affective Disorder. I make up with other disorders. lol As far as a professionals, I've seen a few from a pretty young age. They've never done too much for me. But you're right about the three questions. I tend to forget food and water. Pretty stupid of me, but I just have other things on my mind and I only remember when others remind me or I'm on the point of starvation or thirst.

Thank you, Olly. I'm doing much better. I'm pretty fortunate when it comes to walking space. Nothing around me but family land, and while Kentucky hills are hard on the ankles and take some hiking chops, they sure are beautiful in the fall. Might go for a stroll right now, actually. For once it's not raining.

But yes, thanks, you lot. You've all been very supportive. I'm doing much better. I think a lot of things are going to work out eventually and the certain involved parties are improving in attitude and in health. So long as they can cope, I can cope. A little help from kind forum members also went a long way.

Thank you,
-Sin
yeah I was in the grips of depression about 12pm but I clawed my way out of it.. there are things you can do that will help and each works differently for each person. I will say the psych doctor and support group I go to has helped me. I hope you feel better soon.

Theglasshouse

WF Veterans
working on what I call my motivational snow ball. I was doing good this morning. I got 2,000 steps in but I hit a wall around 12pm... I mean I couldn't even get out if bed,,, So I made a bargain with myself. I said just clean one dish and so I did... then I waited to minutes and cleaned another. each time counting my steps and increasing the amount of work every now and then. now I am 5,00-ish steps into my 8,000 for today and I have cleaned a bit... that helped out I swear... does anoewone else d this?
Okay what about music to improve your mood and to get out of bed ( discovering new music on Spotify)? I recommend you download spotify. There is a free version and a premium version. If you own a tablet or a cellphone you can download it or a computer. All you need to do is create a user name and password and an email address. The free version of spotify allows you to like songs you listen to which creates a playlist for you. On a cellphone it is more limited. You probably can't create a playlist by liking songs however you can pick a favorite music artist and it will keep playing. Also, that doesn't happen to me ( staying in bed however I can have my mood shift and then i dont feel like doing a lot of work-related activities but that was because of the summer sun which made me feel tired mood-wise and global warming) but I think I have 4 years using the same medicine or 3 which means I feel more stable compared to many years ago. You can download spotify for Android by going to the Google play store. I think taking breaks can help people with schizoaffective disorder get their chores or work done ( and you should feel this is normal). The same is true in a university setting. You take less courses than the average student. It may take many years instead of four. I am thinking a 30 minute break would do something good. It depends on how your mood makes you feel. Do or take anything such as vitamins to improve your mood in the right dose ( I have been taking mine for several weeks)

It does seem that you recovered your mood.

I have played music on spotify in the bedroom to brush my teeth or take a bath. This is on a tablet but on a cellphone it is even easier.

Last edited:

kunox

yeah breaks are good because getting the snowball started may be hard but so is stopping it... aFTER THAT BURNOUT IS INEVIDIBLE... sorry caps lock... ty though.. music hlps a bit bt I already have to be at a 5 out of 10 mood wise for it to help t all... it still kinda helps though..

Last edited:

Theglasshouse

WF Veterans
A small nap could also help you feel better if the computer has altered your mood and that you've been there a long time. But then you will have a tough time falling asleep. I take magnesium at 500. Also a good night's rest helps. That vitamin makes me sleep twice a day when I take it. I only take it if I fear I will not fall asleep.

Theglasshouse

WF Veterans
I recommend a book called descrioptionary. It should be the very last edition. It is cheap as a used book. I own it on kindle. But on kindle it is pricey. Still both are good formats. The way I plan to use it is to research landmarks. For example, you can research a famous Adobe dwelling. The internet will help you feel in the rest of the details by researching on famous Adobe dwellings. Then on youtube you can look at the landmark. You can Google the details of many Adobe dwellings around the world for example. So once you do that then some place's description is effortless based on eyewitness accounts. It has excellent reviews on amazon. I am returning home. On Monday I should have picked up the books at the post office. If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask. Use a map of the area to depict the setting's surroundings. The architecture section is pretty big. You can find words for furniture too. If you don't know what something is called this will help you research words. We dont often have a working vocabulary for archutecture, furniture, animals etc.
Example of a balloon chair. There are many kinds of balloon chairs and this seems like a chair you'd find in a posh household.

In the dictionary you will find the word bastille. Here is some of my research after I found it in the thematic dictionary. I then researched famous landmarks that are bastille. Research is important for places you have never been to.

Last edited:

PiP

Staff member
Co-Owner
Today we had our last sundowner with some dear friends. Thanks to BREXIT and travel restrictions etc. they have sold their beautiful 2nd home in Portugal with breathtaking sunsets (see my profile). I thought they'd always be here ... so did they... NEVER take life or friends for granted. We have lost so many friends to the BREXIT or to BREXIT politics. As you get older life's chapters become shorter or end abruptly ... just sayin'

last sunset-18-10-21.jpg

Theglasshouse

WF Veterans
Going to hire a tutor. Sorry to disappoint kunox you but I think books won't always have the answer. I bought my books today. I received all but the most important one, They are useless despite the reviews. I think I am going to hire a teacher trained in linguistics who can teach me coherence and descriptive writing. If that is her area of expertise as well (descriptive and narrative). She charges 29 euros for 1 hour. So what I planning on doing is to get a textbook to teach me this and get assigned homework. What I personally recommended as descriptive writing is the only reference I will recommend. It will inspire you or help you to describe. I am planning on getting dragon-speaking software for Christmas. The missing book never arrived. They shipped me 2 DVDs. I imagine Amazon is going to have to refund my money. The tutor I am hiring will work with me on the internet. If I get any materials I can share for coherence I will share it.

Theglasshouse

WF Veterans
Trying google voice typing. It makes very few mistakes. My new recommendation is to save for a microphone. But books are useless. There is hope. Google voice technology got better. I sill recommend LFH 3500 Philips mike speech mike premium. It's giving similar performance and accuracy to dragon speaking software but crashes on my computer. But I don't get the blue screen of death. It exists the screen of google docs which is where I use it. Dragon has good competition. The cheapest I have seen my microphone is 285. Let's hope that whatever the price it is affordable.

Last edited:
Reactions: PiP

Theglasshouse

WF Veterans
I am on the mountain again. I cannot concentrate here. Because I am in relative proximity to every room. It's a small house we have used to escape the hot weather. My mom enjoys going here to escape doing the chores. We have someone that cleans the house for us but not on weekends. She is a housekeeper.

It's frustrating since I want to read books. ADHD without medication isn't easy. I can't take stimulants which I believe is used for ADHD. That or I need to consult again to treat it one day.

Now I have a story idea based on some real-life inspiration of something that actually happened. It's somehow tragic. My uncle didn't want to buy his medicine and the situation escalated.

If I don't get my reading done soon, I will get angry and disappointed. 4 days of doing nothing on a mountain. Today, since the climate is cold, I slept all day.

We are building a small house close to this one. People love going to the mountains during the summer because of the cold weather. This one is 1,000 feet in height, I believe. Actually, I checked again, and it is 3,819 feet in height,

Last edited: