Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

So... How'd Your Day Go? (3 Viewers)

indianroads

Staff member
Board Moderator
One of our regulars at the bookshop gave me Potato Cat after she heard about my CatCat's passing. He has been a delight for the most part, but he still has his moments of assholiness.

And because of Potato Cat we learned our crabby spitz actually does really well with youngsters (those of the fuzzy sort...Potato Cat was barely seven weeks old when we got him.) Knowing this we have a pretty good idea of what we want to do dogwise when the time comes. (Those plans are still a few years out.)
Potato Cat looks like a great guy.
We have Pilot (the guy in my pic), Fionn, Saul, Batman, and Lilly - all rescues that we fostered and kept.
I suffer mildly from PTSD (via my adventuresome life), and the mask mandates made it impossible for me to get out, which increased my stress level. Pete, our big black cat that died recently was my rock, and I miss him a lot. All our cats are calm, and help me get through panic attacks. I love them.

indianroads

Staff member
Board Moderator
Thanks Indianroads. I am taking some cues from your writing habits. I feel I should give a try what has worked for you. The google preview allowed me to see inside the book today when it wasn't working. It gives a heavy emphasis on journaling. Which is what I hoped to find. Before the google preview was not previously working. I am sold on the book. They only sell it used. Which means it will take a long time to get here. I anticipate 3-4 weeks as amazon no longer sells these new.

Writing Processes and Structures: An American Language Text​

by Brian Altano

It's good to be entertained by cats. Well I consider them good company. I used to have some cats. But that's a story I won't mention here. My mother is the main obstacle to having cats. I had them when 10 years and older. It's always good to have a pet. I don't know if research shows this, but I think gives an immune system reaction. My asthma disappeared, and I don't know if owning a pet cures asthma in some way.

I am a fan of Margaret Atwood's Alias Grace and plan to see it tomorrow. I will exercise while watching the series. She writes very interesting characters,
Thanks! I'm glad to be of help.
Art doesn't have a common path, but it's good to have a place to start. Listen to everyone, take what fits your personality, then evolve the process until it is uniquely yours.

Matchu

The cry of gulls, the mournful lapping of water upon harbour steps. Rosy-faced fishermen untangled netting. Delicious aromas of lobster drifted cross the wharves. Almost imperceptibly it was the distant rumble, it turned to a roar, the residents rushed, they retreated, cowered in shop doorways. The ocean erased below the low water mark and even bold restaurateurs now scampered to man-size refrigerators. The Harley Davidson throbbed down Maine street splitting the sound barrier blah blah blah tbc

Matchu

...that was a tribute...

Anyways,

I am away now for my second swim of the year in the North Sea.

Very heroic - as I displayed yesterday at North Bay.

South Bay is today, hoping for a crowd of well-wishers & fan club [Hightide] Pants only, deserves WF medal actually.

Matchu

For me a real paradise, pedalling beyond the candyfloss and all the people on the beach to my secret bay for yet another swim. Of course, it would be better with a son or daughter in tow. In fact, it would be better in Portugal. We drank about fifteen beers that night, me & Phil at Praia de Luz, before our naked skinny-dip. It wasn't meant to be some homo-erotic experience, it just looked like that to the observers and the officers on the shore. Two seals in peril at shoreline was the call apparently. I wont be going back to that fff country, not after my night naked in the cells with Phil.

Anyways, back to work tomorrow. Hoh

Users who are viewing this thread