Writingforums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

So... How'd Your Day Go? (5 Viewers)

indianroads

Staff member
Board Moderator
Going in for my second covid shot tomorrow - it's the Monavoni... Moldova... Machu-Picchu... something like that... one. Folks I know have gotten a little sick off the second shot, sounds less than fun. I have two friends going for their 4th Dan Black in Taekwondo on Saturday, hopefully I'll be right as rain by then and will be able to watch their test.

River Rose

Many ppl are feeling the effects of the vaccine. Is why there is a high rate of ppl not going back to receive the second dose. If u received the first dose w no adverse side effects,,,u should b ok w the second. Yet,,,everyone responds differently.

Phil Istine

Staff member
Global Moderator
My own experience was that the first vaccine injection caused no side effects, but I'm told that this should not be thought of as an indicator of how the second one goes. I'll let you know soon as I have my second one on the 16th of May.

Mark Twain't

Going in for my second covid shot tomorrow - it's the Monavoni... Moldova... Machu-Picchu... something like that... one. Folks I know have gotten a little sick off the second shot, sounds less than fun. I have two friends going for their 4th Dan Black in Taekwondo on Saturday, hopefully I'll be right as rain by then and will be able to watch their test.

I had my 2nd jab last week. I had no side effects with either and I have a compromised immune system. Maybe it's finally an advantage! ;)

Anyway, hope all goes as well as possible for you. 👍

PiP

Staff member
Co-Owner
Hubby had Pfizer. fine with the first. The second jab which was a month later he had flu-like symptoms the following day, but then was fine.

I have my second jab in three weeks so I will not be making plans the day after. We will see.

midnightpoet

WF Veterans
I go the 19th to the eye surgeon, have cataracts. Also have a splitting headache I've had for at least a month. My PCP gave me pain meds but that was not a solution. When I told him about the cataracts he said probably eye strain. Amazingly, I still managed to write over 35 poems during that period (most likely because my temples weren't throbbing at the time). Probably have surgery sometimes this summer. Hope everyone here is doing okay. Getting old is the pits.

SueC

Staff member
Senior Mentor
I go the 19th to the eye surgeon, have cataracts. Also have a splitting headache I've had for at least a month. My PCP gave me pain meds but that was not a solution. When I told him about the cataracts he said probably eye strain. Amazingly, I still managed to write over 35 poems during that period (most likely because my temples weren't throbbing at the time). Probably have surgery sometimes this summer. Hope everyone here is doing okay. Getting old is the pits.
It is the pits but you're going to be great! Everyone I know who's had the surgery said it's all so much better afterwards.

Users who are viewing this thread