Writingforums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

So... How'd Your Day Go? (7 Viewers)

petergrimes

Today I have - written one poem that's ok
- started and struggled with one that could be good
- wrote six word poem
- posted about another fellows poem
- but mainly been playing cricket game, its dead good, really good, right good
- but I'm not, at playing it just right now, for its proper realistic and quite hard, I'm improving though
- smoked numerous fags
- thought about leaving the house
- thought about having shower
- and I must have done other stuff but it is most likely as equally inane and uninteresting to you as all other things I've written here
- oh and I messaged a friend
- and that's it, life in the fast lane, proper interesting, enlightening and profound, no need to thank me
all the best PG

Olly Buckle

Mentor
Patron
felt terrible last night and most of today, got up late this afternoon, had a bath and watered a bit (too late for a couple of tomatoes)

Darkkin

WF Veterans
Went to open the basement door to let Potato Cat out...and found Rue Dog sitting at the top of the steps. Rue Dog should have been downstairs in his crate, which I know was latched. (He has always been crated at night, and tends to be my Master of Disaster when left to his own devices.) It is starting to look like Potato Cat may have opened Rue Dog's crate and busted out his bestie. I checked to make sure, but found no disasters. (Thankfully). Either way, the situation warrants watching.

View attachment 25808View attachment 25809

Last edited:

Olly Buckle

Mentor
Patron
I was out in the garden and there was distant rumbling, then dark clouds on the horizon. Soon after that there were odd drops of rain. I rushed to put away the lawnmower and by the time I had it in the shed it was bucketing down. It soon stopped, but after that there were showers on and off all afternoon. You could practically hear the plants going 'AHHH!'
After I had cleared the blocked gutter I sat in my shed and listened to a podcast about Aztecs while I watched it. Got odd bits done in between in the fine spells and did a bit in the greenhouse as well.

A big thank you to everybody who joined in the rain dances.

Winston

WF Veterans
I went for a run up the hill to our local park. A couple laps around the field, then back.
The asphalt was hell on my knees. I think I'll try to make it down to our high school next time. They have a cushioned track. I miss our gym.

While I was running, my wife and son donated blood (I'm not eligible for a couple of weeks). The technician at the blood bank recognized my son's last name, and asked how I was.
Doing good stuff, and people remembering. That's my kind of "community spread".

Olly Buckle

Mentor
Patron
We thought long and hard about it, and decided the risk was small and as low now as it will be for some time. Yesterday we drove up to London to see our daughter and her family, who have all had the covid thing in a minor way some time ago. It has been weeks since we saw them, or since I left the house. Sitting on the sofa with my three year old granddaughter interlacing her fingers through mine as we watched 'Zootropolis' was really great. Mind, not having been anywhere or done anything other than the garden for so long made it all seem a bit extreme, the journey I used to make daily and think nothing of seemed long, and the cars went very fast. Today I am sitting around feeling shattered.

Winston

WF Veterans
Somebody working in our 90 year old building this weekend accidently messed-up a router, Cat 5 cable or something. No internet all morning.
Despite the fact I work primarily with metal bars, band saws and cranes, not having internet kinda sucks. Can't research material, process orders or sneak onto WF and check new posts.
I hate being dependent on technology.

Lenny Bruce said something about that. Your only option besides playing ball with The Man was to be the schmuck with two Dixie cups with a string between them.

Amnesiac

I have two days off. Finally. Trying to do a bit of writing.... Working on a collaborative project with a friend, but they are a poor writer and rush plot points, thereby painting the character into a corner. It's more than a little frustrating.

Theglasshouse

WF Veterans
I have two days off. Finally. Trying to do a bit of writing.... Working on a collaborative project with a friend, but they are a poor writer and rush plot points, thereby painting the character into a corner. It's more than a little frustrating.
That seems like a good way to write a novel for people low on time and it seems like a good way to compensate when on a job working full-time. That's a good idea. Many people are afraid of collaborative writing. I wish I considered it sometime in the future if I decide to write one, where I would need help. I just write some "long" short stories for the time being.

Amnesiac

Collaborative writing is not bad, but my friend is an outliner and wants an outline. I never use a written outline. I am mostly a "pantser," but have plot points and stuff in my head. I guess this is a way to stretch my writing chops, but it's weird to work with someone else...

Foxee

Patron
Patron
Collaborative writing is not bad, but my friend is an outliner and wants an outline. I never use a written outline. I am mostly a "pantser," but have plot points and stuff in my head. I guess this is a way to stretch my writing chops, but it's weird to work with someone else...
I have found exactly one person who I can collaborate with. One. And we've had lots of the same kinds of difficulties especially as we grow and change with trying to learn the craft.

The rest who have attempted this with me may or may not be missing.

Kidding...

...sorta.

Amnesiac

Sorry, Dither... I'm pulling a 40-hour/week job now. I wish I would have taken the time in quarantine to paint. Now I regret not doing it. Ah well....

River Rose

The days are so empty here. I eat, sleep, go to the toilet, and that's about it.

I would walk with you if I could.
Make u put your shoes on.
You would tell me “NO”
Yet I would.
We would walk out the door
Down the street
Notice things you did not notice before.
Then,,tomorrow we would do it again
Put one foot in front of the other.
We would walk out that door.

dither

WF Veterans
Rose,
I go out only when absolutely necessary right now because of the covid gig.

Before this thing hit us:
I could go out, stay local or take a ten mile bus-ride, either way, I would see so much and yet I would see nothing. I've walked passed people that I know and not see them or so I've been told.
Nothing registers with me.

I wasn't always like that. There was a time when I could go to a town nearby, somewhere that I've been so many times, and yet it was like I'd never been there before , I would see and notice so much, filled with awe and wonder, like a tourist. A part of me has died I think and I'm not sure that I mind.

Lol, I laugh wondering what you would make of me.

Olly Buckle

Mentor
Patron
We walked this afternoon. We are on the edge of the village and there are plenty of footpaths around here which we have been exploring. Mostly we see no-one else, and the few we do see take the hint when we back off into a hedge and go around us with a smile and a nod and as much distance as possible. It is quite up and down hill, so there are some great views across the countryside.

Foxee

Patron
Patron
After work last night I woke up this morning with that hit-by-a-truck feeling.

This has resulted in a jello day...both feeling like jello and trying to move through it.

Users who are viewing this thread