Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

So... How'd Your Day Go? (1 Viewer)

JustRob

FoWF
WF Veterans
Just "finished" typing six pages of history on the Victorian family that I'm researching ready to discuss it with the secretary of the local history society tomorrow morning. She's going to give a talk on them in a week's time but my research has radically changed what was previously known, so she has to revise it entirely. I've only written the facts though, not what one discovers when the dots are joined up and one looks into the family's acquaintances; that's when the whole thing comes to life, but maybe history isn't meant to do that. I'm no historian and I don't know how much of history is just collating source material and how much speculation. I find the speculation far more enjoyable and that's how I found some of the more obscure source material. For example I wouldn't have known that the family had any connection with Australia if an internet search hadn't revealed a letter from there to them held up because the sender hadn't paid the right postage.

I don't have time to write my version of the family history with all the speculative parts incorporated. I wouldn't know what genre it would be if I did and what I would do with it then. 50% research plus 50% speculation adds up to what, half history, half wit or just half-witted history?

I can't say how my day went today because I won't know until tomorrow and by then it will be history. That's the trouble with life, that pretty much all you know about it is history. At least I can post this without having to worry about the right postage though.

Darkkin

WF Veterans
Perfect and sunny today: Windows open. House is clean, vacuumed and dusted. :02.47-tranquillity: I like clean, really just like good old clean...

aj47

(he/him)
WF Veterans
Got a call from my Gyn's office. They didn't leave a detailed message, but it's about time for my mammogram results to be back. They said to call back Monday, so it can't be too bad.

Last edited:

am_hammy

WF Veterans
Today started out rough. My sleep was awkward and I woke up late and skimped on breakfast which really through me. Had a headache and felt a little depressive wave, but as the day wore on I started to feel better. It was nice to finally get out of work and breath in the air. It was a pretty Friday. It's still really nice out and the chill has seemed to leave the nighttime air so that's been lovely.

Did some clean grocery shopping, and now just chillin' with the laptop.

Oh, and still smiling about a particular color change on the forum ^_^

heehee

Got a call from my Gyn's office. They didn't leave a detailed message, but it's about time for my mammogram results to be back. They said to call back Monday, so it can't be too bad.

hope that goes well! =)

Darkkin

WF Veterans
Today was just a good day. I'm tired, but it is the good sort of tired, the kind where I will actually be able to sleep. Rue Dog is curled up on my toes snoring. :02.47-tranquillity:

Crowley K. Jarvis

WF Veterans
Had plans last night. Fun. Not.

Since I got third shift tonight, I slept in.

BUT- My best friend had his housewarming party today starting at 3:00, so I had to wake up and go there...

But surprise, this is the same day that he basically asks his girl-who-is-a-friend to go steady with him.

So I spend all day hearing about that. Thankfully I got to crack jokes just to annoy him and make fun of his cooking.

Still, I wish I just could've kept sleeping! [-(

Sonata

Woke at 5am - got up checked computer and did a few things and now at 7.45am am going back to bed. Well, why not?

Darkkin

WF Veterans
Got a huge chunk of my piece for NaPoWriMo done and up. Still more to do.

Edit: It's done! It's insane, it's scary and mine. But it is done. There is silence in my head, the good kind of silence, hard won and lovely. It has been a very, very good day.

Last edited:

Winston

WF Veterans
Temperate Spring, so the veggie garden went in today. We let our chickens "free range" in the back yard while we were planting.

We're trying watermelons again, but in our climate it's much more hoping than good management.
However, we once again have "volunteer" potatoes, cilantro and some stuff that looks like cucumber sprouts. The strawberries are running wild, and the catnip has spread as well (we pulled the extra stuff, the cats don't need that much dope). Found a rouge blackberry vine. Pulled and plucked ruthlessly.

Watered the newly planted starts and seeds. Let the lady bugs loose at dusk. Another year. Time and patience.

Sonata

Yesterday was sort of OK until my microwave oven forgot to switch off after having been set for two minutes to reheat some coffee. Newer than I thought it was being just over a year old and 6 weeks out of guarantee.

Booga

Darkkin

WF Veterans
My heart is bothersome tonight, but I have gotten some decent work done on Violet Bright. With Echo and Lore done, she's next on the docket.

PiP

Staff member
Co-Owner
Nothing like finding a little spot away from those freakin' tourists :D

You wanna believe it! I was once asked to write an article about the secret beaches of the Algarve. My response: you gotta be freakin' joking - the whole point is that they ARE secret! Seriously though, the tourists are a great boost to an ailing economy even if they do party till 4am every morning and walk in the road instead of on the pavements etc. Oooh, I can feel a blog post brewing :)

midnightpoet

WF Veterans
Apparently I've developed arthritis in the bottom of my feet ( the dr. wasn't sure, although I have it in my hands bad. My index fingers are at right angles). Boy does it hurt to walk. I'm being referred to a podiatrist but he's booked up until June. I've got some pills (turns out it's the same stuff we give our old dog, Jud, for his arthritis). Took him for a walk yesterday, ouch. We needed it though - neither of us seem to be able to lose weight. Most of mine is around my waist. Old age, yuck.:-#

Users who are viewing this thread