Writingforums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

So... How'd Your Day Go? (7 Viewers)

Darkkin

WF Veterans
Lived here my whole life, haven't heard it once either...Fargo gives us such a bad rap. Grumpy Old Men, that is Minnesota to a T, at least the Minnesota that I know.

I encountered a lady at work the other day, who was wondering if she would be able to understand a magazine that had been printed in the UK. My reply: 'Yes ma'am, they do speak English in England.' Her response: 'Is that where England is?' This just about made me cry...

am_hammy

WF Veterans
Renewed my license last minute. Just like I went to get my car inspected last month at the very last possible day. It's gorgeous outside and I'm sad that I will be spending the rest of my day inside at work, but at least it's not raining at the moment. A little sunshine is good. =)

Kevin

WF Veterans
My references are thirty-plus old. As kids we were summer 'Yoopers'. I fondly remember the state bird, the blood-sucking-"Dammit" as Grampa Sven referred to them. Layered lumps on all exposed surfaces were our souvenirs.

edit: For an outsider Fargo gives it charm. The lady officer is really an admirable character, intelligent, clear-headed, diligent, ready to pop.

Last edited:

Darkkin

WF Veterans
The bugs are still atrocious, more so this year because of all the rain. We keep a can of repellent by the back door in sheer self defense, but once you get past the insects and road construction it really is an amazing place. I live right on the river, and they are in the process of replacing both bridges that connect Minnesota to Wisconsin and you can tell which drivers are visiting and which drivers are local and know the drill. Occasional highlights on the way to work, the SUV that decided to ignore the gigantic flashing merge arrow, and the half dozen speeding budgers, who are now explaining their hurry to the highway patrol.

KLJo

Lol, we have a can by the back door too. We also keep one in the garage, the car, and my purse. Absolutely mandatory.

TheWonderingNovice

WF Veterans
I love when it storms outside. The cable gets knocked out forcing everyone to socialize instead of lounging around the house.

The downside, when we run out of conversation we return to lounging around the house, forced to re-read books, sleep or look to our phones for idle amusment. Even the dog gets tired. Oh well :barbershop_quartet_

Darkkin

WF Veterans
What is this TV you speak of? I know it not...(Yes, I do reside in a hole, under a rock at the bottom of a pond.)

KLJo

Do you ever have those days that are so, unbelievably, productive that you feel almost elated and punch-drunk when you finally sit down at the end of it?
I deep cleaned my entire house including basement and garage and prepared all the food I could for 3-5 houseguests arriving tomorrow, and staying for the next 11 days.

Eat your heart out Martha.

Crowley K. Jarvis

WF Veterans
After a call from my mom, I was certain my manager was waiting for me.

Well, she's gone and I'm alone. Quiet night, no more arrivals. No challenge, no fuss.

WHEW.

I just wish I was allowed a nap at like three AM. Sadly no sleep on the job... *sob*

Pluralized

Black Dracula
WF Veterans
merica_by_misskari-d3huza9.jpg

Fuck yeah!

am_hammy

WF Veterans
Today was lovely. Celebrated July Fourth and my best friend's 25th birthday. Also sliced my thumb in the middle cutting salami for antipasto. I survived though.

Also got a belated surprise birthday gift from my aunt. Looking forward to a chill Sunday now. ^_^

Users who are viewing this thread