Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

So... How'd Your Day Go? (1 Viewer)

Guy Faukes

WF Veterans
Supplies!
Life is really about the small things, those tiny reckonings and little surprises that notch our path. Have you ever had one of these noteworthy and interesting things come up, but since it's not big enough to warrant a thread, it mostly just goes un-shared? Well, this thread is for you.
This thread is about all those day-to-day things.

So... how'd your day go?

RhythmOvPain

I had a very enjoyable day. I'm intoxicated, high, and stuffed.

Just got done kicking two peoples' asses in Fight Night. Workin' out a plan for a new piano composition.

I lol'd a lot today. Lulz.

dither

WF Veterans
Oh man,
"Lol'd a lot".
The very thought.
How i envy you R.O.P.

Y'know? Someone asked me once, "what do you do for fun? And i couldn't remember.

I'm at a point in my life where i think i'd rather not now.

The grynch lives.

Sonata

If you mean yesterday then I have no idea. But I am still alive [I think] so I must have survived yesterday. If this is today.

Only I cannot remember what day it is today because the calendar above my monitor still sez it is March, and the one in my kitchen sez it is January, and I cannot be @rsed to check wot it sez on my computer as it might scare me.

And I still havva loada clocks to change to summer time.

Oh woe is me
I think I am ready
to be
Soylent green

Last edited:

midnightpoet

WF Veterans
Yesterday my wife got a surprise and was able to visit one of our former foster children for the day. I stayed home and baby-sitted the dogs. Bella, 11, is with another foster family (the mother lost all four of her kids several months ago and is pregnant again). Bella has told the state people she hates her mother and does not want to live with her again. Sad (and complicated) situation, but Bella is quite happy.

JustRob

FoWF
WF Veterans
If I hadn't spent so much time posting on this website I might have got further with today's task, tidying up my "workroom" which is so cluttered that I can't actually work in it or even barely get into it. After turning out much of the junk I found myself standing looking semi-moronically down at my feet, both next to each other in that room for the first time in months, and thinking "floor!" I felt a kindred spirit with the semi-moronic lift operator in Brave New World when he reaches the roof, the zenith of his existence. Unfortunately just like him I must return to the more common reality and put all the junk back somewhere, which may result in my beautiful vision of floor vanishing from sight again. For now though I am going to enjoy it for just a little longer.

aj47

(he/him)
WF Veterans
I started work on my first from-scratch Oracle PL procedure. I am still debugging, but I'm pleased with what I've done.

I also did some administrative work that my supervisors really liked.

And I did my NaPoWriMo poem.

I made something complicated for dinner (a tuna/asparagus casserole) that my daughter decided she hates. Live and learn.

Darkkin

WF Veterans
I pulled out an old musty poem of mine and have been having a ball playing with linear narratives and cliches. I have to work the overnight game reset at work tonight, but my piece from NaPoWriMo is done, at least for today. What I write is odd, but there is peace in knowing I'm one of the few who takes the time to heed the nonsense.

KellInkston

It's been a good day. Tried my hand at a video game and enjoyed it a good deal- been trying to ward off procrastination, but that's so hard in our modern society.

Anyway, I have coffee, my fiance, and the outdoors at the moment- life is good.

Thaumiel

WF Veterans
I had a minor breakdown at the hands of maths. The thought that something that could be so meaningless is the difference between continuing my degree or being set back and suffering another £9000 of debt is rather stressful.

However, I've had a lot of reminders recently of just why it is I'm in a relationship with my current girlfriend, so I have a lot more hope for it enduring.

Guy Faukes

WF Veterans
I started work on my first from-scratch Oracle PL procedure. I am still debugging, but I'm pleased with what I've done.

You probably don't work with this, but my Java tends not to want to update for some reason. It goes to the updating screen then goes completely black. It happens on occasion, even with a clean install. Do you have any idea of what would cause this?

I had a minor breakdown at the hands of maths. The thought that something that could be so meaningless is the difference between continuing my degree or being set back and suffering another £9000 of debt is rather stressful.

I feel ya. Student loans. The idea of having to dig yourself out of compounding debt is not an easy decision or thought.

RhythmOvPain

Hooked up a new projector screen to go with the new 3D projector. We're just WATING for MKX to come out, y0. 9 is so freakin' epic on the big screen.

Until then? 4-player CoD:AW. Each box is like sixty inches, haha.

I can't wait to play Evil Within or Dying Light on it. RAWR!

Pluralized

Black Dracula
WF Veterans
Listed my house here in Georgia for sale yesterday about 2pm. Today, as of a few minutes ago, we have multiple offers. Going to sell this beeotch.

Moving to Denver where house prices are double what they are here. Fun times!

aj47

(he/him)
WF Veterans
So I'm chairing an event in June (ApolloCon (dot org)) and we are placing deposits with the hotel. There was one due last month and one this month so our treasurer wrote two checks and hand-delivered them to the hotel last month.

Today, in my inbox, is a reminder of the due date of this month's portion. Oops. So I wrote back and forwarded the message where the hotel liaison indicates she's received both checks. She says she contacted the finance department and they had no record.

Meanwhile, I'd contacted the treasurer at the beginning of this farce and asked if the check had been cashed. It had.

Sweetly, I wrote to the hotel, "Under the circumstances, should we file a fraud complaint with our bank?" Within 15 minutes, they determined that they had, in fact, received the payment.

Darkkin

WF Veterans
It's raining, but the wind is blowing so hard, it's actually rain sideways. And the cat stole my Dorito...Yeah, not a whole lot going on in my world.

Guy Faukes

WF Veterans
My niece is just over 1 years old. She's learning basic sounds and says "tay" (take) if she handing you something.

She picked up her mums shoe because they were going out and was pointing it at her. My sis was doing a few things before she could get to her, so, Ms. Niece started saying:

"Tay... tay.... tay... taay.... taay... Taaay... Taaay.... Taaaaay.... Taaaaaay! Taaaaaaaaaay! Taaaaaaaaaaaay! Taaaaaaaaaaaay!"

She's adorable :)

The Green Shield

WF Veterans
So far so good. Rainy, muggy and very humid outside so I'm indoors where its dry and cozy.

Also, while rooting though old junk and stuff in my room, I stumbled upon an old book I got back in 2004 (11 years ago, now...wow...) that I never got around to reading. It's called Dragonspell by Donita K. Paul and at the time, I wasn't really into reading fantasy. Now that I am, well...let's just say I'm now going to prepare a snack and start reading it. :cheers:

Darkkin

WF Veterans
Paul's books are very good, I 'm an old school McCaffery fan, myself. And so far, I haven't been tempted to commit mayhem with my pen...Also, I have a poetry piece I 'm undecided on, don't know if I love it or hate it. This never happens because pieces I hate or am indifferent to, I delete. If I can't see the purpose in keeping it, why should anyone else? Gah! I can delete it later.

Last edited:

Crowley K. Jarvis

WF Veterans
My day was going great.

I slept most of the day yesterday. Because working nights, not because I'm lazy, although I am.

I woke up to eat then just went back to sleep. Amazing feeling.

So today WAS fine until I decided to spontaneously write a short story in the form of a very large poem.

Why do I do this to myself!? Aaahg!

Users who are viewing this thread