Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Small irritations which change you into Mr Hyde (1 Viewer)

qwertyman

WF Veterans
So I go into The supermarket, masked, socially distancing, calm and collected. I see a notice:

PICK and Choose five fruits for 2Euros.

Perfect for my needs, I take a plastic bag from a roll. I note they are bio-degradable. I feel like clapping. This has become, for me, a very rare, good shopping experience. I put down the baskets in order to open the bag.

Because these bio-bags are new to manufacturing they do not have that small overlapping which allow easy opening when fresh from the dispenser.

No matter, I will roll the bag between my thumb and finger to form ridges which will offer a separation opportunity which I can exploit.

Ridges form... but there is no separation.

No matter, I will lick my thumb and finger in the never-fail variation of the above.
I stick out my tongue to receive the digits and lick the inside of the mask.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hector

When people lick their fingers, which is done by everybody on the planet, so I don't get along with anyone.

PiP

Staff member
Co-Owner
People who come over to talk to you when you are in the car. They stand expectantly, leaning on the vechile while they wait for you to open the window then they lean in.... No mask or social distancing, nada.

Foxee

Patron
Patron
Qwertyman, pick up some moisture from where the produce is gently misted inside its vertical slumber showcase, that gets the bags started no problem...BUT!

...the produce that has been so diligently misted is also soaking wet so that when you get something (like kale) from the top of the display, water soaks your hand and immediately runs down(up) your sleeve. That droplet is highly motivated to try and get all the way to your armpit. Nothing like a soggy sleeve for the rest of your shopping. And hands so wet you could open every plastic bag in the place. Maybe I should have charged people a quarter to do so.

qwertyman

WF Veterans
Well thought through, Foxee. I would willingly pay your air-fair and five star accommodation to accompany myself or Lady Qwerty on a shopping expedition.

This offer includes a ‘plus one’ - providing, ‘the plus one’ is of sufficient stature to reach the top shelf, and have no missing digits.

I wish to make clear I have no personal experience of top-shelf shopping in whatever supermarket, magazine stall, or corner shop I have visited.

Foxee

Patron
Patron
Well thought through, Foxee. I would willingly pay your air-fair and five star accommodation to accompany myself or Lady Qwerty on a shopping expedition.

This offer includes a ‘plus one’ - providing, ‘the plus one’ is of sufficient stature to reach the top shelf, and have no missing digits.

I wish to make clear I have no personal experience of top-shelf shopping in whatever supermarket, magazine stall, or corner shop I have visited.
'Top shelf' shopping is limited for me to whatever is on the edge of that top shelf otherwise I have to beg a tall person (I almost typo'd 'bed' there which would be an option but if that was required I would just opt to substitute a lower-shelf item instead) or climb which is dangerous in all kinds of ways. And, hey, a good addition to this thread!

Not to mention that, should I accept your very gracious offer I would have to deal with TSA and other rigors of travel and that pushes me so far into Mr. Hyde territory that I would need to be caught in a butterfly net and put into a rubber room for twenty-four hours before any shopping could be accomplished.

BrandonTheWriter

Dear Brandon, I don't want to confuse you but the password 'wrong' would be considered unsafe and I don't think 'wrong, wrong, wrong' improves it's vulnerability.

I literally had to read your post at least five times to understand you were joking. That took me a while. I need more Coffee. :coffeescreen:

BrandonTheWriter

And then there is that moment when you get into a nice bath and realize that you did not get a towel. Yeah, just did that.

I have done that more times than I'd like to admit.

It is thankfully not an issue living alone.

Living with your parents though? Yeah, almost had a heart attack upon the realisation. Having to quickly sneak to get a towel without being seen completely naked.

BrandonTheWriter

Not being understood; spending more time than I have trying to explain my POV to someone who I think is smart enough to get it, but doesn't for one reason or another.

I feel this way about jokes too.

If I have to explain a joke to someone it completely ruins it. :neutral:

Kehlida

As a retail worker, I am extremely annoyed by food cans that are not designed to connect when stacked. Seriously, what is the point? They just slide around, fall over, and it's a whole hot mess.

SueC

Staff member
Senior Mentor
I don't quite get that. Let us define your terms

Oh you know, when something seems so clear to you and you try to find the words to tell another person about an idea or plan or thought, and they just can't grab what you are saying. So you keep trying and the more you try, the worse it gets. Mine usually run along the lines of "deep thought," like an ideal or concept that is new or a way of looking at something old with new eyes. My point of view (POV) is sometimes misunderstood. I once had a friend read a story I was really excited about, and the friend could not understand the story at all, which was very frustrating. LOL. Or I make choices that no one understands.