Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Sliding in through the side door (1 Viewer)

I

Iannis

Hello, everyone!

I'm a 36-year-old mother and wife. I am just starting to write again. I wrote all the time when I was younger, but distractions and depression got between me and my words. Something snapped in me when I turned 36, and now I'm chasing down all the things I lost in the fog.

I haven't written fiction in a very long time, but I want to try my hand at it. At this stage, I don't even care if I write the worst story of all time. I just want to get to the end of a story. After that, I'll worry about writing something that doesn't reek.

My other hobbies include reading about linguistics, studying foreign languages, tinkering with constructed languages, and playing games. I like to draw and paint also, but I do both very badly.

What else can I say about myself?

I am goofy. I can't help it. Everything is funny to me. I've just been through too much to take life too seriously. Sometimes when really horrible things happen, there's nothing to do but sit down and cry. And then laugh. :joker:

Shinn

Hello there and let me welcome you to Writing Forums, Iannis! :) *waves*

I hope you will enjoy being here and find the help you need for your writing.

~ Shinn

Nickie

WF Veterans
Hello to you, Iannis, and welocme to the forum. Writng can sure be a good therapy - I've often felt that too.

Nickie

F

flynwriter

Hi Iannis!
I'm familiar with what you're going through, I'm a year older than you w/a previous career instead of kids (just got the husband this summer) and had a lot of experiences that hurt. But somehow we'll get into this!

Gogol

Well done, Iannis! Well done, lass!
You've taken the first and most difficult step to writing: doing it!
For that is what you have just done, brought the thoughts of a writer to page.
Well done, lass!

Users who are viewing this thread