Writingforums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

SLAUGHTER THE SOUL (horror-fantasy, about 10K words) (2 Viewers)

BornForBurning

TITLE: Slaughter the Soul
GENRE: Horror in a science-fiction setting, however the technology involved is absolutely unimportant, with the primary genre-focus of the story being on the fantastical elements.
BLURB: Angelica Harrison, local goth chick turned apostolic beasthunter, must face off against Nadenka Ivanchuk, the Mistress-Dominatrix of the Necropolis, an ancient city inhabited by humans who have become infected by a mutagenic gene-virus that grants grotesque, transformative powers.
SENSITIVE CONTENT: Violence. Sexual undertones, but no nudity or eroticism.
AUDIENCE DESCRIPTION: Me in high school
EXPECTATIONS: Definitely more than just a yay-nay. Specific inline critiques would be nice, but what I'm really looking for is more higher-level criticism. Does this scene flow properly into this the next? Did this character's arc evolve in an interesting/organic way?
AVAILABLE FORMATS: Google docs preferred, but I can email it as a docx/pdf/TARGA file if that's your thing.
TIMESCALE: One month. Anything past that, I'll probably have already have gotten impatient and decided I'm done editing.
OTHER: This is a second draft. Third person, I think omniscient?

PM me if you are interested, and I'll try and get back ASAP.

• Thanks
Reactions: PiP

Users who are viewing this thread