Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Sides Changed (1 Viewer)

ritudimrinautiyal

They say, I am a snake charmer.
Making them dance on my tune.
Or a Pied Piper, leading them where I want them to go,
Or a woman, who wants her beauty to be felt by her lover,
the way she thinks.
I swear, I really wanted that.
But I am sure, I am done with that.
Now I want them, to become fishermen,
With each one having his own, net of sky,
throwing over my ocean.
And I want to be their fish this time,
all trapped, yet so free to enjoy.

Ritu Dimri Nautiyal

Last edited:

2020Syd2020

Hello,

I like this, I’ve left a few suggestions in-line below for you,

Cheers

Syd

They say

I am a snake charmer. I’d turn L1 & L2 into one line
Making them dance on my tune of imagination, Phrasing is a little awkward
Or a Pied Piper, leading them to there,
where I want them to go,
Or a woman, who wants her beauty to be felt by her lover, the way she thinks. break this down into lines
Now I wanna them to become fishermen, wanna makes me think of song lyrics
With each one having his own, net of sky of imagination, throwing over my ocean of imagination.
And I wanna be their fish this time,
all trapped, yet so free to enjoy their imagination. I think imagination is over used in these last few lines

ritudimrinautiyal

Hello,

Cheers

Syd

They say

where I want them to go,
Or a woman, who wants her beauty to be felt by her lover, the way she thinks. break this down into lines
With each one having his own, net of sky of imagination, throwing over my ocean of imagination.
all trapped, yet so free to enjoy their imagination. I think imagination is over used in these last few lines

Hi Syd,

I will do the changes, suggested by you.

All thanks.

Ritu

ritudimrinautiyal

Hello,

Cheers

Syd

They say

where I want them to go,

I have incorporated all your suggestions Syd.

Thanks a lot.
Good luck.

Ritu

Annie. Marie

From this, now I could be totally wrong, but I get the feeling of being a woman that does not have trouble getting men wrapped around her finger, but within this experiences, it just seems empty. It seems as if this same woman wants to catch the eye of someone worth wild. That could tame her, but also let her have her freedom. If i'm right, this poem hits home very hard. I've read a bit of your work on here, I think this one is my favorite.

-Annie

ritudimrinautiyal

From this, now I could be totally wrong, but I get the feeling of being a woman that does not have trouble getting men wrapped around her finger, but within this experiences, it just seems empty. It seems as if this same woman wants to catch the eye of someone worth wild. That could tame her, but also let her have her freedom. If i'm right, this poem hits home very hard. I've read a bit of your work on here, I think this one is my favorite.

-Annie

Lovely if you felt so. Actually those lines, take us to multiple themes. The thought with which I wrote, I want to share at this platform is, how a poet, with his/ her writing make readers to behave this way. I mean sometimes he/ she wants her readers to exactly think, what he/she think. That way he/she becomes a snake charmer or pied piper to draw readers to his/ her exact thought. And the other thought is, with poem leading to multiple meanings, he/ she wants to feel and enjoy different ( imagination)interpretation of different readers, like getting trapped in net of multiple meanings. You as a reader gave me the feeling of the second stanza.

Thanks a lot for the read.
Good luck
Ritu