Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Siblings (1 Viewer)

Jk_Sl

858ebc3d88340d9ab958df4f6eaf22ef.jpg

370059c8cb4578e6cc423b0f3e742363.jpg

J.h

Last edited:

2020Syd2020

Hello,

this is interesting, I like the way in which you’re playing with form and content here. I like the way in which you’re playing with voice and the conversation as a form of poetry. For me I don’t think these two voices are distinct enough from each other to really capture a sense of siblings arguing. Yes both groups here seem to offer varying opinions but for me, the voice of the piece reads as one overarching voice than two. I also think it strays into feeling archaic.

One thing I would suggest, is why not try interspersing these two dialogues so that it begins to read like a conversation?

Looking forward to see how this matures

Cheers

Syd