Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

• Short maintenance tonight at 12AM EST June 15, 2021. The site will be offline for a bit while we perform some upgrades.

Show us your writing work area (1 Viewer)

indianroads

Staff member
Board Moderator
I've heard that some writers (probably young) write novels on their phones, which seems both incredible and impossible to me... but never mind. I have an office at home, and write there.

I thought it would be fun to show our work areas; here's mine.

Let's see yours.

vranger

Staff member
Supervisor
IMG_20210226_234517813.jpg

Yep, that's my Lazy-Boy in our den. Programming, server management, and writing all happens there. Nowadays when I'm writing you'll find Scrivener on the All-in-one on the right, and spreadsheets or research info on the left monitor. The poor chair is worn out, thus the cover. The paint-speckled shoes are out of place. They should be under the shoe stand at the back door. The little screen you see back left is a little notebook I run my DNLA server off of. Right now it's serving a Dean Martin album (A Winter Romance) to the TV which sends it to the receiver for the sound system. A Kindle DX sits under the All-in-one. I'm currently giving the proofed copy of my latest its last read through. The desk is a custom job I paid a friend to build for me. It's two tiered on the top with a shelf underneath and a roll-out for the All-in-one to sit on. An old Linksys installation CD serves as a coaster ... for now. And yes, I've neglected to put away the Christmas Bear. The remains of a Friday evening brandy sits flanked by the mouse, the TV remote and the Firecube remote. Pretend the tangle of cords isn't there. That's a mirage. (They're the data and charging cords for various portable devices).

I do have a dedicated office upstairs, and it looks much less cluttered, because I just don't use it that much. :)

Foxee

Patron
Patron
do you know the pixel dimensions for what we can post.
I'm not sure exactly I just know that some pics I have to resize down once or twice to get them to work. I think a former version of WF had the required sizing for pics somewhere but if it's on here I don't know where to find it now.
And yes, I've neglected to put away the Christmas Bear.
My Christmas tree is still up. What? February is dark in Pittsburgh.

Matchu

GetAttachmentThumbnail

Matchu

attachment.php

Vranger rose from the medi-chair of terror. Another night frightening children at club Tik Tok had been most satisfying. He staggered away from screens, embraced Pappa Doc, the teddybear, his stalwart companion these last five centuries.

Users who are viewing this thread