Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Short scene (1 Viewer)

B

Bobber

It's like an opening scene of a sitcom (like Scrubs)

[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]​
Untitled project​

FADE IN:

INT. JOE & DRAKE’S LIVINGROOM NIGHT

JOE is sitting in an old couch, watching TV.
You hear the dialogue from the TV

[FONT=&quot]KEANU REEVES
If we drive slower than 90 m/h this thing is gonna’ blow![/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot]WOMAN
But Jack, we’re on a tricycle![/FONT]​

JOE turns off the TV.

JOE​
They really should’ve stopped the series after the first one​
JOE gets up and walks into his kitchen, and he opens the fridge.
Noise is heard from the cellar.
JOE opens the cellar door.

JOE​
[FONT=&quot](shouting)
Drake?![/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot]DRAKE
(from the cellar)[/FONT]​
Yeah?​
[FONT=&quot]JOE
What the hell are you doing down there?[/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot]DRAKE
I’m building bunk beds[/FONT]​
JOE​
Bunk be..? Goddamnit, have you been watching Fight Club again?​
SILENCE

DRAKE​
No…​
[FONT=&quot]JOE
(sighing)[/FONT]​
Get up from there​
JOE goes back to the fridge and opens it.
DRAKE comes through the cellar door, wearing a belt with tools.

[FONT=&quot]JOE
Is that what you’ve been doing all day?[/FONT]​
DRAKE​
Yup​
[FONT=&quot]JOE
Well… how far did you get?[/FONT]​
DRAKE​
Well… I never really got started​
[FONT=&quot]JOE
You’ve been down there for 15 hours[/FONT]​
DRAKE​
Yeah, well… I found all my tools, but then I got thirsty, so I had a beer… and then I kinda’ fell asleep.​
Then I woke up some time later, and decided to get started.​
But I banged my finger with the hammer, and the PAIN was so unbearable that I uhmm… I passed out I guess.​
JOE​
Yeah… good to see you spent your day doing something completely useless​
[FONT=&quot]DRAKE
Would you have it any other way?[/FONT]​
JOE shuts fridge door

JOE​
I guess I wouldn’t​
[FONT=&quot]FADE OUT:

int. title page.[/FONT]

Comments please

mammamaia

if you want to write for tv, you'll need to study proper sitcom/tv format... this isn't even close to it, sorry to say... get trottier's 'screenwriter's bible'... he gives good examples/instructions on how to do it, in the tv section...

mammamaia

Beware of copyright.

meaning what?... that little bit of quoted dialog from a kr flick?... if so, i doubt this writer will get in trouble with this little bit of nothing, but it's certainly something writers need to be aware of... you can't use others' copyrighted material in your own writing, without permission...

wmd

mammamaia said:
meaning what?... that little bit of quoted dialog from a kr flick?... if so, i doubt this writer will get in trouble with this little bit of nothing, but it's certainly something writers need to be aware of... you can't use others' copyrighted material in your own writing, without permission...

exactly.. the little bit of "speed" dialogue was actually parodied so it is okay. He should just use MAN as the character saying it rather than actually use Keanu's name. Just to be safe.

And saying the title "Fight Club" does not infringe on any copyrights... I think.