Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Shooting the guns!! (1 Viewer)

The Blue Pencil

I'm a member of a shooting sports club, and last week I was invited to Precision Shooting! I was so thrilled and honored. When I went to try out I didn't think I shot very well but the instructors seemed to disagree. Precision is a lot more interesting than sporting. I wear a straight jacket like shooting jacket, a huge sling, and all the guns used there are completely adjustable and cost over $600 dollars.
Also in this weeks news, I went to see Chronicles of Narnia: Voyage of the Dawn Treader yesterday. I'd only recommend watching it if you're a Narnia fan (which I'm not), because the 3D had no more purpose than a label used to get more views. There were absolutely NO "3D moments". The entire time I was waiting for something to pop out but it never happened. Not to mention, the plot was blaze`What a disappointment and waste of 2 good dollars.
Tomorrow I'll be going to an ice skating get together. Hopefully it will be fun but I barely know anyone there... :(
I'm going to go put on my fuzzy reindeer jammies now. Goodnight!:salut:

Dudester

I was a sniper in the military. I got the job because of how well I shot. It was just a job to me. I've come to find out there's this whole cult thing about shooting-people who are into the very minutia of every little detail of shooting. I don't understand their obsessing. I haven't even been to a range in 15 years because of those kind of people. They took the fun out of it.

As for Narnia-I saw Dawn Treader. IMHO, it didn't begin to measure up to the other two movies. It looked like they were just tying up loose ends. With that said, though, I watch movies in 2D. For me, a movie should stand on it's writer merits and forget the wizz bang visual effects.