Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

She. (1 Viewer)

Jk_Sl

2b2fc277f8bf472337fbb353fa8a79ea.jpg

J.h

2020Syd2020

Hello,

Reading between the lines, there is a femme fatale archetype that haunts a lot of your work, for me I read this as a writer who has been hurt by someone they love. This then presents itself in work where the danger comes from opening themselves up to love again. For me I would like this character to be less of an archetype and more a fully fleshed character. For me this character is a lionised fictitious version of the real thing. I’m not saying this is a bad thing, it allows the writer to create something universal in which the reader can relate to. But; I think you could create something in which the reader can both be moved by but also relate to, by straying beyond what feels like a stock character.

I hope this makes sense,

Thank you

Syd

Jk_Sl

Thank you Syd, I understand what you mean yes. It was an in between poem. I am figuring out why I keep thinking of this character, I know partly why.
Thank you [emoji120]

Gumby

Staff member
Co-Owner
It does have a legend feel, which makes me wonder if it is really a physical 'she' or a concept.

Jk_Sl

Hi , thank You, she is real , I spoke with someone just like her last night. But not someone that I know.
Who knows it could be something.
Thank You.

ritudimrinautiyal

Hi , thank You, she is real , I spoke with someone just like her last night. But not someone that I know.
Who knows it could be something.
Thank You.

Nice J. I can see, you couldn't wish her to be nothing less than a legend.

All the very good luck.

Ritu

Mickeyq

"maybe she'll leave you with your tongue to talk of her legend" is a great finishing line. One way I would (personally) sign it off would be a similar way that you finished the first paragraph. The punchy, equal length sentences was a great way to introduce your character and I think is also a good way to sign off.

I find that framing a piece the way you started really drives home the feel of it.