Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

She (1 Viewer)

Jk_Sl

She doesn’t want you to tell her she is beautiful, Compliments cage.
They are vacant and full of inaction.
eye contact and the air
of your warm breath down her neck
is what her soul needs.
Grab her by the hips,
pull her close like you fucking mean it
and never let her go.

J.

Last edited:

AnnieJay

She doesn’t want you to tell her she is Beautiful, Compliments cage.
They are vacant and full of inaction.
Eye contact and the air of your warm breath, down her Neck is what her soul needs.
Grab her by the hips,
Pull her close like you fucking mean it
And never let her go.

J.

I appreciate the truth and honesty in this. Those first two lines really pulled me in. Thanks for sharing!

-AnnieJay

2020Syd2020

Hello,

Like previous commentators I appreciate the earnest honesty of this piece, you have created a strong moment for the reader to share in. For me, I would have a play with the lineation. The longer lines feel somewhat arbitrary, I would suggest breaking them down. This would help no end in improving the flow of the piece.

Can I also ask about the capitalisation of Compliments in L1 and Neck in L3, is there a specific purpose for this?

Really looking forward to seeing this develop

Cheers

Syd

Jk_Sl

Hello,

Like previous commentators I appreciate the earnest honesty of this piece, you have created a strong moment for the reader to share in. For me, I would have a play with the lineation. The longer lines feel somewhat arbitrary, I would suggest breaking them down. This would help no end in improving the flow of the piece.

Can I also ask about the capitalisation of Compliments in L1 and Neck in L3, is there a specific purpose for this?

Really looking forward to seeing this develop

Cheers

Syd

Hi,
The capitalisation was an error in editing, thank you, I am grateful for your input.
I understand what you mean about the longer line.
Thank you.

J.