Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Share the joy: what's your writing success today? (2 Viewers)

vranger

Staff member
Supervisor
PiP and I did another collaborative scene this weekend where we were both typing ideas and dialogue into it as it went. It wasn't the alternate dialogue discussion like we did one time before, but it was just as much fun. Except for a final review, we put both Chapters 17 AND 18 to bed by this evening.

It's interesting that we are both leeching elements of each other's style. Our dialogue is very similar in style and intuition now. If PiP didn't use extra vowels ;-), I wouldn't be able to tell a lot of it apart several days later. PiP wrote a dialogue scene tonight that was a wonderful and funny Summary Scene. Then, we had a bit too much going right for our Romantic Duo, so I threw in a little scene to cast some doubt there again.

We're very close to 64K words now.

PiP

Staff member
Co-Owner
PiP and I did another collaborative scene this weekend where we were both typing ideas and dialogue into it as it went. It wasn't the alternate dialogue discussion like we did one time before, but it was just as much fun. Except for a final review, we put both Chapters 17 AND 18 to bed by this evening.
Beats watching TV ... Once my MC hooked up on video chat with her friend I could easily have exceeded the chapter word count... once us women start nattering ...
It's interesting that we are both leeching elements of each other's style. Our dialogue is very similar in style and intuition now. If PiP didn't use extra vowels ;-), I wouldn't be able to tell a lot of it apart several days later. PiP wrote a dialogue scene tonight that was a wonderful and funny Summary Scene. Then, we had a bit too much going right for our Romantic Duo, so I threw in a little scene to cast some doubt there again.

Yes, I went to bed happy and woke up to "Oh no... we have a spanner in the works... LoL I am already plotting and scheming to overcome said spanner and Jim will receive a PM note shortly LoL "
We're very close to 64K words now.
I'm relieved one of us is the word accountant who keeps us both on track. :)