Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Share the joy: what's your writing success today? (2 Viewers)

TheMightyAz

I often see this thread popping up and the only thing I can contribute is 'I wrote today'. And that's it. For me, that's the only success that matters!

TheMightyAz

giphy.gif

bdcharles

Wɾ¡ʇ¡∩9
Staff member
Media Manager
and your preorder location is where?
pls.n.thx
:)

All in good time :) I just need to settle on a cover and then I plan to set up the pre-order. But why am I suddenly terrified of this whole process? What if I get a bad review? What if I don't get a book trailer? They'll shout my name in the streets with orders to be flogged.

-xXx-

Financial Supporter
All in good time :) I just need to settle on a cover and then I plan to set up the pre-order. But why am I suddenly terrified of this whole process? What if I get a bad review? What if I don't get a book trailer? They'll shout my name in the streets with orders to be flogged.
nah.
everyone gets a bad review.
stock your celebration supplies.
make a mix collection.
create a box in which flog orders may be safely transported to grill.
take picture of the colors, pre-ember-ash.

i will write a review.
which i can not plan to do
until preorders happen.

what does not appeal (above cover)?
perhaps your second release will warrant a different cover.

grab your fav beverage
for upload-button-clicked.

jussayin'
:)

indianroads

Staff member
Board Moderator

It is scary, but at the same time one of the best feelings you can ever experience.

vranger

Staff member
Supervisor
The answer to the dilemma I discussed worked out. I wrote one more chapter of lead up, where I foreshadowed how the bad guys get in. That gets me to chapter ten. I think I'll have two chapters of the bad guys taking over and being bad, eight chapters of "cat and mouse" to defeat them, and a chapter to wrap up.

Foxee

Patron
Patron
I've been continuing to build my plotline map and now character dossiers. The ideas are flowing just fine every time I get to sit down and work. Good stuff is happening.

Indianroads, thought of you when I was in Kittanning, PA the other day:

image_2021-03-26_160103.jpg

indianroads

Staff member
Board Moderator
I've been continuing to build my plotline map and now character dossiers. The ideas are flowing just fine every time I get to sit down and work. Good stuff is happening.

Indianroads, thought of you when I was in Kittanning, PA the other day:

View attachment 26618

That's an Indian Vintage, an awesome bike. The paint job tells me that it's newer than mine; I have a 2014, the first year they came out (it's a numbered bike, #463 of the first 1901). They're terrific motorcycles - you should learn to ride, because you don't know how much you're missing when riding in a car ('cage' in biker parlance).

My win for the day is that I finished my 3rd editing pass of 'Redemption', which removed 100 words, the novel now comes in at 98,844 words (down 2,823 from the first draft).

I have some work to do around the house that will take up much of tomorrow, but after that I'll hop back on 'Inception' - which is still in the early plotting stage. It's a novel set in Silicon Valley, just a few years from now.

Users who are viewing this thread