Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Shade's Children (1 Viewer)

P

prabjit

Hey,

Has anyone read Shade's Children by Garth Nix? I think its my favorite book! Awsome novel. I loved how he created the deserted world and how he showed the characters. I've read it twice and loved it both times. I'll recommend it to everyone lol!
ya... Thats my $0.02

Stiltspear

Wow, I read this book years ago and have been meaning to reread it for a while. I ended up reading some of Nix's fantasy books but none of them made the impact or were, in my opinion, as well written as Shade's Children.
It's a brilliant sci-fi/cyberpunk-esque book, and the characters were very well done. I especially loved the ending.
I can't remember much more about it, but I know it certainly made an impact on me at the time (I think I was 13 when I read it), although I couldn't go so far as to say it was my favourite then or now.

Wisp

Yes, I love that book. It will always be my altime favorite, and is definately Nix's best, although he has written many other good ones. I too liked the ending, and the entire plot. I especially liked their submarine base.