Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Series of Unfortunate Events: Hidden Aspects (1 Viewer)

krazyklassykat

Have you noticed some aspects of the SUE? Example: Mr. Poe's sons are called Edgar and Albert? (I BELIEVE it was Albert, or something to the effect, but not Allan. Correct me if I'm wrong.)
I love discovering these things! So feel free to post anything you've found, or if you want to know some, I have noticed quite a few.

krazyklassykat

...No one interested yet? Okay...
How about, in The Austere Academy, the vice-principal's name is Nero, and he plays AWFUL violin. Nero was the name of one of Augustus' successors that set fire to Rome while playing the violin and dancing.

krazyklassykat

....Oh come on! How about the fact that Mr. Poe is always coughing, and most of the important people in Edgar Allan Poe's life died of tuberculosis??

krazyklassykat

Eh... sorry. People usually post before this. I just get impatient. :\

Well, how about, now this one may be coincidence, but once, Sunny is babbling, and what she means to say is something like "You are a cruel and inconsiderate man." (To Olaf) and the word she uses is "Busheney." Doesn't that look familiar?