Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Senryu (3) (2 Viewers)

PiP

Staff member
Co-Owner
Continuing my attempts at Senryu

One of the unexpected outcomes of the COVID lockdown and new restrictions aka 'new normal' was the sad realisation that I had a couple of friends who were nothing more than sappers and our friendship was one-sided. After years of supporting them the one occasion I reached out for help and needed their support I realised they were not true friends. I am trying to come to terms with with the loss of dear friends to the bottle by expressing my feelings through poetry.

drunk yet again
seeks happiness in bottle -
beware of false friends

Last edited:

rcallaci

Staff member
Administrator
a very, very good senryu- it would have held more power for me without the explanation of the piece although I fully understand why you gave it. You're expressing your pain and yes betrayal of what you thought was a good friend- but you expressed that with skill in your senryu --btw you're not making attempts at senryu you are doing them-very competently I might add.

• Thanks
Reactions: PiP