Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Self-deprecating (1 Viewer)

xiaoman

Self-deprecating

The spring breeze and autumn rain have made up
another year,/
I just have a few poetry translation works to share./

I’ve worked hard to earn five buckets of rice, /
and saved a little money for my wine./

When have some time I go singing online, /
to entertain myself , although out of tone, I don’t mind./

I didn’t know I am just a guest in my dream /
Waking up, no one with me to watch the moon so clean./

Note:I created this in Chinese firs then translateEd into English. Thanks for your clicks:) I hav been here for a while.

Self-deprecating

The spring breeze and autumn rain have made up
another year,/
I just have a few poetry translation works to share./

I’ve worked hard to earn five buckets of rice, /
and saved a little money for my wine./

When have some time I go singing online, /
to entertain myself , although out of tone, I don’t mind./

I didn’t know I am just a guest in my dream /
Waking up, no one with me to watch the moon so clean./

Note:I created this in Chinese firs then translateEd into English. Thanks for your clicks:) I hav been here for a while.
Hi Xiaoman,

"I didn't know I am just a guest in my dream."

I really like this line in your poem. It touches my imagination... I think it would be great if you explored this idea.

Thank you for sharing ; Keep writing~

Last edited:

xiaoman

Thank you Happy_hippie! it is a line that I borrowed from Liyu, also known as Li Houzhu 937-978 an emperor from the southern Tang Dynasty In China. He created many well known poetry when he was captured by the invading amies of Song Dynasty. He was poisoned to death 2 years later by the emperor of Song. Guest, he called himself in the prison. Only in his dreams he could forget where he is and who he is.

xiaoman

It is a great improvement of the forum! I really enjoyed It! I just recorded a vedio
to explAin a bit more about this line but only find that its capacity is too large to upload...

Thank you Happy_hippie! it is a line that I borrowed from Liyu, also known as Li Houzhu 937-978 an emperor from the southern Tang Dynasty In China. He created many well known poetry when he was captured by the invading amies of Song Dynasty. He was poisoned to death 2 years later by the emperor of Song. Guest, he called himself in the prison. Only in his dreams he could forget where he is and who he is.
Thanks for taking the time to explain where this line came from. It is very interesting! It says so much in that one line.