Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Seeking Playwright For Showcase Prod. 3/8 NYC - Publicity (1 Viewer)

R

Remo

I am producing a showcase production of a play entitled Adam's End (Confessions Of A Pedophile), performing early March in a black-box theatre setting in mid-town Manhattan.

The play involves a school teacher who is suspected of being homosexual, is assured he is protected by the school's non-sexual discrimination policy, is "outed" by a friend as being pedophile and subsequently fired. In the end he is shot by a student.

There is a documentary film being made of the project w/ probable distribution. The subject matter of the play will likely generate some publicity.

I have a very rough script for the play. I am seeking a playwright who would like to take this basic script and produce a play from it. Obviously time is very tight - I need a script to begin rehearsing on in January. I will give full creative credit to someone taking this project on.

In addition it seems likely that the lead actor in this production will get a major media interview in conjunction with the play, furthering exposure for a playwright interested in this project.

Please e-mail your interest at the add'y given (remo&alicemail.net)

Users who are viewing this thread