Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Section 12ed, part one (1 Viewer)

winner

"Life!...Give my creation Life!" by Gene Wilder in Young Frankenstein the movie

:) Your story is good and your writing is clear and understandable, but there is something missing :-k. It doesn't have a pull to it. It seems dry. It needs spicing up somehow. Some intrigue. Mystery. It is perhaps too wide open, leaving nothing to the imagination. Try coloring it up a bit. Spicing it. Adding aroma and flavor to it. Let the reader feel what you are saying. Brighten it up. :flower:

elibats

hmm... well it's not a particularly "bright" story but i understand what you're saying. does it need more background? or just more description? i want to finesse the first part before i move on to what happens next.

JohnN

Not bad, i liked but I agree there is no pull. Maybe because nothing shocking happened. Your language is also quite pedestrian. I dont mean you should use long words, but try some uncommon words.

winner

If I were you I would move on with the book. Re-writing sentences, paragraphs, chapters, even the whole book is part of book writing. Re-writes are continually done until the very moment a manuscript goes to publication. As you continue you will find answers to improving the book. :)