Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Scrivener 3 for Windows (1 Viewer)

Selorian

Patron
Scrivener 3 is a paid update (our first for Windows in ten years). You can try before you buy by visiting our downloads page (you will get a full 30-day trial of Scrivener 3 even if you’ve tried an earlier version).

If you like Scrivener 3 enough to buy it (and we hope you do—we really think it’s the best version of Scrivener we have ever created), and if you already own Scrivener 1 for Windows, then you are eligible for a 49% discount on Scrivener 3, which normally costs $49. If you bought Scrivener 1 for Windows on or after 20th November 2017, though, the update is free.

Scrivener 3

I received an email today announcing the release of Scrivener 3 for Windows. I thought I'd share it here with the above details included in the email about upgrade costs for previous version users. If you were waiting to or on the fence about giving it a try, this new version may entice you to go ahead.

Selorian

Patron
That is confusing. I did notice in the versioning that it is 3.01, so maybe there was an update that spurred a round of emails?

vranger

Staff member
Supervisor
That is confusing. I did notice in the versioning that it is 3.01, so maybe there was an update that spurred a round of emails?
Yes, could well be an update. 👍
Yes, not long after 3.0 they released an update to 3.01. I had bought the software recently enough (last summer) that I was grandfathered into 3.0 without charge.

Beware if you upgrade to 3.01--a reboot is required. That messed me up when I did it ... I had a bunch of stuff open I really didn't want to go through a reboot with, but found out only after the upgrade installed, and all the stuff I had open was in support of what I was working on in Scrivener. LOL or Grrrrr. One of the two.

Selorian

Patron
Yes, not long after 3.0 they released an update to 3.01. I had bought the software recently enough (last summer) that I was grandfathered into 3.0 without charge.

Beware if you upgrade to 3.01--a reboot is required. That messed me up when I did it ... I had a bunch of stuff open I really didn't want to go through a reboot with, but found out only after the upgrade installed, and all the stuff I had open was in support of what I was working on in Scrivener. LOL or Grrrrr. One of the two.
I was grandfathered in as well. Strange, though, it didn't require a reboot for me. I downloaded it as a new install and it automatically found my license and generated my discount code for me to enter on the buy screen. Then they emailed me a new code to activate my license. All without requiring a reboot. Although I do now have both versions installed.