Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Script Frenzy! (1 Viewer)

ProudestMonkey

I know this was for NaNo, but with SF starting in less than 5 days I'd like to get some peoples' thoughts on it. Would anyone care to share their ideas? I have a quirky idea I'd like feedback on but I don't know if that would be considered bad luck because of the "copying factor".

So. Anyone?

movieman

I'm giving it a try, but I'm busy packing to emigrate right now. I have a stupid movie title from a couple of years ago and kept meaning to write a script to go with it.

Linton Robinson

I don't get it. A contest to write a script in a month (which I usually do anyway) but no way to know if you really did it in a month and no prize.

movieman

lin said:
I don't get it. A contest to write a script in a month (which I usually do anyway) but no way to know if you really did it in a month and no prize.

Think about all those people who've always said 'I'm going to write a script one day' but never did; now they have a motivation to get it done.

movieman

Hmm, I've averaged sixteen pages a day so far, I think that's the fastest I've ever written a script :).

Though I already know that I'm going to have to rewrite major chunks of it after I'm 'done'; the problems I knew I had in the outline are far more obvious in the first draft.

Mike C

WF Veterans
movieman said:
Think about all those people who've always said 'I'm going to write a script one day' but never did; now they have a motivation to get it done.

If you need that motivation, you'll probably never get it done anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread