Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Scientist by Day, Writer by Night (1 Viewer)

Hello everyone. I'm not usually very social, but I thought I might get more out of a forum where discussions can be more long-form than I do on Twitter (which I don't use that often). I have schizoid personality disorder and only rarely interact with anyone offline.

About me: my education is in biochemistry. I received my Masters from the University of Colorado, Boulder, after dropping out of the PhD program due to mental health and substance abuse issues. I've been a voracious reader since a young age. Probably 97% of what I read now is non-fiction - usually science, philosophy, and history. I write non-fiction on a blog, I occasionally write poetry that I guess would be considered non-fiction, and I write science fiction novels. I've self-published, but I haven't had any luck with querying agents or publishers.

Anyway, I look forward to becoming a part of this forum, though I imagine my presence will be somewhat sporadic.

Foxee

Patron
Patron
Hello! I'm glad you found WF. Congrats on earning your Masters, that is a great achievement. Sorry to hear that the PhD didn't work out. We have voracious reading since youth in common. Please come on in and meet the community, you're very welcome.