Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Say Hello (2 Viewers)

Hello,

I'm A Novel Idea. I don't really know where to start so I'll just jump right into it. I'm a master daydreamer and a novice writer who figured that it is high time he try to reel in a few of those daydreams and turn them into stories. I've been interested in storytelling for a long time and have spent some considerable time studying the craft but the problem is that I'm all theory and no practice. The only writing I have any experience in is through online, text-based role playing forums and that's just not the same.

Although I haven't written a word worth reading, I've been an avid reader for a long time. I guess you could say it all started with A but I believe it was when I got to J that I was really hooked. I've joined WF primarily to learn and practice but I'll do my best to contribute in other capacities, as well.

That's all I wrote.

Taylor

Staff member
Global Moderator
Welcome! Being an avid reader is a great place to start. I daydreamed about my novel for 10 years before I finally buckled down to write it. You may find it useful to participate in the Writing Discussion. We have lots of lively discussions there that can get the creative juices flowing.

indianroads

Staff member
Global Moderator
Welcome! Reading is the best way to start; it teaches story rhythm and arc, as well as grammar and punctuation. Stories drive the process though, so you’re off to a good start.

You’ve found a good place filled with knowledgeable and supportive people.