Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Sarah (1 Viewer)

Jk_Sl

60b82707bfd0b5a63956ba1b37168b24.jpg

J.h
50431f796a3e91b205fc10876e250a18.jpg

Last edited:

2020Syd2020

Hello,

I like that this piece has been separated into two voices, the narrator and the subject is a really clever way to set the scene and then explore the feelings of the subject.

For me I think this falls into the prose rather than poetry category. For me I think there are times when you could strip back the detail and make it more poetic. On occasion this slips into telling rather than showing and that limits the emotional impact.

Overall though, I’m looking forward to seeing where this goes.

Cheers

Syd

Jk_Sl

Hello,

I like that this piece has been separated into two voices, the narrator and the subject is a really clever way to set the scene and then explore the feelings of the subject.

For me I think this falls into the prose rather than poetry category. For me I think there are times when you could strip back the detail and make it more poetic. On occasion this slips into telling rather than showing and that limits the emotional impact.

Overall though, I’m looking forward to seeing where this goes.

Cheers

Syd

Thank You very much.
I think I’m finding I enjoy prose more.
I seem to find writing short stories is easier.
But I have a plan. It is connected to another story of mine. And there’s secrets,
and more characters too, I’ve already written part of the end.
I would like to turn it all into a book if possible.

Thank You Syd.