Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Sarah Dessen (2 Viewers)

swimfanatic

I've just begun reading Sarah Dessen's books (That Summer, Someone Like You, This Lullaby, The Truth About Forever, etc.), and they're amazing! They all have great messages in the end and I really like her characters (especially in The Truth About Forever). I'd have to say my favorites of the books I've read of her's so far would probably be a tie of The Truth About Forever and Just Listen. I'm pretty much addicted to anything that she writes. I can't stop reading her books!

swimfanatic

Agreed. I thought it was very good, too. But I really liked Wes in The Truth About Forever. He was probably my favorite guy character of her's.

HelloNiki

Aww i love Sarah Dessen! The Truth About Forever and This Lullaby were my two favorites but i also really really enjoyed Someone Like You.

For some reason however i really didnt like Just Listen...There was something about it that didn't seem right.

But i read it very fast and didn't exactly have time to enjoy it so maybe i missed out on some important parts. I don't know..

Sarah Dessen is so talented. She really knows how to write her characters! And she's not afraid to tackle the issues facing us. Anyway, Just Listen is my absolute favorite. I also really enjoyed Dreamland... not that I haven't enjoyed all of them!

swimfanatic

I didn't like That Summer that much. It just didn't seem as good as her other books. Otherwise, I liked all the rest.