Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Sanjna Sarswal A new member in the community (1 Viewer)

Fiender

You can certainly use this forum for that! There are specific sub-forums and rules to follow, of course. If you have general writing questions, there is likely a specific forum where it's best to ask those questions. If you want to post excerpts of your writing for review, it's recommended that you also look at other people's writing and comment on it in a constructive way, either to repay people who commented on your stuff, or as a general way to 'pay it forward' to the community. :)

You can certainly use this forum for that! There are specific sub-forums and rules to follow, of course. If you have general writing questions, there is likely a specific forum where it's best to ask those questions. If you want to post excerpts of your writing for review, it's recommended that you also look at other people's writing and comment on it in a constructive way, either to repay people who commented on your stuff, or as a general way to 'pay it forward' to the community. :)
Thank you for your response. I'll review some writing's for sure and comment on my thoughts.
This will definitely teach me a lot.
Also, now I know that this is actually a supportive community :)

Olly Buckle

Mentor
Patron
As a new member you might like to post in 'Introduce Yourself' and let us know a bit more about yourself.
It is a long time since I was a new member, and rules change a bit from time to time, but I doubt you can see the whole forum until you have made a number of significant posts, places like 'word games' won't count to your post count. Writing discussion and its sub forums is a good place to start, there are threads about all sorts of writing and it is easy to join in the discussion from time to time and make up that post count.

Welcome to the forum, hope you have a good time and find it useful.

Reactions: PiP
As a new member you might like to post in 'Introduce Yourself' and let us know a bit more about yourself.
It is a long time since I was a new member, and rules change a bit from time to time, but I doubt you can see the whole forum until you have made a number of significant posts, places like 'word games' won't count to your post count. Writing discussion and its sub forums is a good place to start, there are threads about all sorts of writing and it is easy to join in the discussion from time to time and make up that post count.

Welcome to the forum, hope you have a good time and find it useful.
Thanks for letting me know about 'Introduce Yourself', writing discussions, and subforums. Your comment helped!

Taylor

Staff member
Global Moderator
You are totally in the right place! I am working on my first novel and have found this forum to be a blessing. You can get your work reviewed and engage in useful discussions.

Welcome to the forum!

You are totally in the right place! I am working on my first novel and have found this forum to be a blessing. You can get your work reviewed and engage in useful discussions.

Welcome to the forum!
It is so good to get to know someone you :) I am excited now!
Now when I have seen how supporting the people here are, I too feel blessed to have found this forum.
Is there some method to talk to you directly? It would be great to learn from you!

Olly Buckle

Mentor
Patron
You'll find a section for everything and everyone on here. Welcome to the forum.
It sometimes seems that way, but of course there will always be gaps. However, we fill them as we find them, and you should, of course, do the same.
Not all threads are short either, I seem to remember starting a limerick thread and a thread of totally pointless posts which both ran for some time :)

TheMightyAz

Mentor
It sometimes seems that way, but of course there will always be gaps. However, we fill them as we find them, and you should, of course, do the same.
Not all threads are short either, I seem to remember starting a limerick thread and a thread of totally pointless posts which both ran for some time :)
You've quoted the wrong post, newb!

Taylor

Staff member
Global Moderator
It is so good to get to know someone you :) I am excited now!
Now when I have seen how supporting the people here are, I too feel blessed to have found this forum.
Is there some method to talk to you directly? It would be great to learn from you!
You can PM other members directly using the conversation icon at the top right of the page. I'll be happy to help you in any way I can. :)

Olly Buckle

Mentor
Patron
I don't know why, but when I wrote that I really thought we were in another thread, probably 'How did your day go?'. Doh ! Any one would think I am getting old or something :)
Like Taylor I am happy to offer help if wanted, but the public forums and workshops are good places to ask questions. Partly you are likely to get a wider variety of opinion, partly it is then there for others to read and learn from as well. I have learned an awful lot from reading crits of other people's work.

I don't know why, but when I wrote that I really thought we were in another thread, probably 'How did your day go?'. Doh ! Any one would think I am getting old or something :)
Like Taylor I am happy to offer help if wanted, but the public forums and workshops are good places to ask questions. Partly you are likely to get a wider variety of opinion, partly it is then there for others to read and learn from as well. I have learned an awful lot from reading crits of other people's work.
The mentors and members of this community are really helping.
Also, this thread is shifted here from somewhere else I knowingly wrote when I was not that good at using this platform. So, You are as young as forever.
I will too read other people's crits and learn:)