Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Salutations! (1 Viewer)

cmking

Hello everyone, My name is Mike, I am a somewhat average 25 year old with a very active imagination.
I am from America, but currently live in Sicily, which is full of history and culture.
I joined these forums because I feel it's time to buckle down and finally write the novel I have always wanted to write.
I am a published writer in a variety of small publications such as newspapers and trade journals, but I have yet to write anything that I am truely proud of, or that I believe is a reflection of my skill as a story teller.
I love reading Fantasy novels, as well as a variety of non fiction works. I would love to someday be considered on par with Steven King, or George R.R. Martin, two of my personal favorites.

I have writen a variety of short stories over the years, but I find I rarely finish anything I start, which is a very unfortunate flaw of mine, that hopefully I can fix by frequently visiting this forum.
My other major flaw would have to be spelling... While I have a better then average vocabulary, I have a hard time writing anything without a spell check. Unfortunatly, my new lap-top is italian, which means the spell check doesn't help much when it comes to works in english.
I guess it's time to go old school, with the dictionary. Hopefully as I write more, I will be able to improve my spelling habbits a bit...
However, I feel I have rambled enough... It's great to be here among some great talent :) I look forward to joining these conversations :)

CMKING