Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Salutations, people of writingforums.com! (1 Viewer)

L'Oiseau Noir

My name is Sierra, a seventeen-year-old writer who is hell-bent on becoming a published author. Pleased to meet you. I'm quite an eccentric individual who is an avid tea drinker, as well as victorian-obsessed soul. Yes, I love everything having to do with Victorian and Edward fashion... that refined elegance is something you don't see much of anymore.

On the side, I oft' indulge in anime (I've seen far too many to count), and I've read countless manga, as one day I hope to also release a series of graphic novels, which I will probably begin as webmanga. But enough about that. I also enjoy a wide variety of music ranging from Bubblegum Dance (I still listen to Aqua), to the delightfully dark tunes of Siouxsie and the Banshees; and I listen to my fair share of symphonic metal, eurodance/electro, trance, and a slew of other genres that would take far, far too long to list.

Hmm, I do wonder if I am missing anything? Ah yes! Theater, I love theater. My two favorite musicals are Sweeney Todd and the Phantom of the Opera (I prefer the version in which Sarah Brightman appeared as Christine), but I also watch and listen to quite a bit of Opera. I'm just a very artsy person.

Lastly, I enjoy drawing manga (which I have been trying to perfect for years), and I have a great love for video games, especially the Silent Hill and Resident Evil series....

Okay, I lied; this is the last thing I shall add to this painfully long and boring biography of moi. Since this is a writing forum, I shall mention I love writing horror (namely vampire fiction; I'm a sucker for a man in fangs; haha, sucker--get it? It's a pun! :rabbit:), and I have an enormous love for Gothic Literature, especially the works of Oscar Wilde, Bram Stoker, and Mary Shelley, but I also enjoyed Jane Austen's gothic sattire "Northanger Abbey."

Phew! Well, that's it. Hooray, you've made it through this long, long description of me. Kudos to you! Can't wait to jump into the crit forum and have the flesh of my work picked down to the very bone--and yes, that is a good thing. :)

Your little noob,

Sierra

Aurasheild

Hi and welcome to the forum, your intro was really interesting thank you for taking the time to write it. I'd love to see what horror ideas you can come up with ;)

Nickie

WF Veterans
Hi there, Sierra! Just like you I like watching Phantom of the Opera! What do you think of Gerard Butler? I think he's a great phantom. Personally, I'm not such a fan of Sarah Brightman. Imo, her voice is not too clear and I prefer to understand what I'm hearing. I've heard much better Christines perform (and I've seen the play at various locations, like London, New York, Amsterdam, Antwerp) - must be up to 20 times now. I've also seen most of Lloyd-Webber's others plays, including Woman in White (where I saw the lord himself for the first time 'live').

Nickie

L'Oiseau Noir

Hi there, Sierra! Just like you I like watching Phantom of the Opera! What do you think of Gerard Butler? I think he's a great phantom. Personally, I'm not such a fan of Sarah Brightman. Imo, her voice is not too clear and I prefer to understand what I'm hearing. I've heard much better Christines perform (and I've seen the play at various locations, like London, New York, Amsterdam, Antwerp) - must be up to 20 times now. I've also seen most of Lloyd-Webber's others plays, including Woman in White (where I saw the lord himself for the first time 'live').

Nickie

Oh, Gerard Butler! He's a delicious hunk of man-meat! :thumbr:

I don't know what it is about Sarah Brightman's voice, but I love the airiness of it; I do admit though it's a bit unclear at times, but for some odd reason that only adds to my admiration of her. I loved her albums La Luna and Eden especially.

And you lucky ducky! I've so badly wanted to see Phantom of the Opera live, and would give anything to shake Mr. Andrew Lloyd-Webber's hand. That would be exquisite!

Last edited:

Hawke

Patron
Patron
Hello and welcome to the community, Sierra. An excellent intro. Nice to meet you. Enjoy!

S

sarahsreading

I think we've already established that we're both nerds...nice to "officially" meet you, Sierra!