Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Salutations from an Oklahoma Carpenter. (1 Viewer)

I am very new to the entire idea of actually sharing my thoughts with anyone online. I have been needing some kind of creative outlet for quite a while, since I have a long commute to work and I travel alone with only my thoughts to keep me company. Installing trim, doors and cabinets does help my creativity, but, I would love to write something that truly moves someone and stirs their emotions.
I currently write speeches for public speakers, while this is a very satisfying work, it often does not allow me full creative freedom since speeches are often instructional, with an agenda in mind.
I look forward to receiving constructive counsel and feedback from all of you word artists so that I can grow along with you.

Thank you for your patient attention.

Foxee

Patron
Patron
Hey, welcome! Carpentry and speechwriting sound like an interesting duo of pursuits, it seems as though the commute would be helpful in the thinking process.

Glad to have you here!

indianroads

Staff member
Global Moderator
I am very new to the entire idea of actually sharing my thoughts with anyone online. I have been needing some kind of creative outlet for quite a while, since I have a long commute to work and I travel alone with only my thoughts to keep me company. Installing trim, doors and cabinets does help my creativity, but, I would love to write something that truly moves someone and stirs their emotions.
I currently write speeches for public speakers, while this is a very satisfying work, it often does not allow me full creative freedom since speeches are often instructional, with an agenda in mind.
I look forward to receiving constructive counsel and feedback from all of you word artists so that I can grow along with you.

Thank you for your patient attention.
What genre are you drawn to - what do you read?

To be quite honest, I'm drawn to non fiction, educational and autobiographical books. I also love humorist short stories, like James Thurber's "The Night The Bed Fell." That being said, I really love the idea of writing sci-fi and fantasy stories but I've not read many of those books. I haven't even read Dune yet. So I am really at square one here. Thanks for reaching out.

indianroads

Staff member
Global Moderator
To be quite honest, I'm drawn to non fiction, educational and autobiographical books. I also love humorist short stories, like James Thurber's "The Night The Bed Fell." That being said, I really love the idea of writing sci-fi and fantasy stories but I've not read many of those books. I haven't even read Dune yet. So I am really at square one here. Thanks for reaching out.
Try the Expanse series books before you try the door-stop that is Dune... that thing will kill your willingness to try SciFi.