Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Saltsburg Daffodils watercolor (1 Viewer)

Foxee

Patron
Patron
Saltsburg Daffodils 4th try.jpg

Bic ballpoint pen and watercolor (pencils and paints).

This is from the sketching-day that I had with my youngest daughter a little while ago in a nearby town. I haven't watercolored in forever but it seemed to be the thing to do.

Paper's rippled and colors are nearly impossible to get true to life when taking a picture or a scan of the artwork, but here's the approximation at least!

River Rose

View attachment 25805

Bic ballpoint pen and watercolor (pencils and paints).

This is from the sketching-day that I had with my youngest daughter a little while ago in a nearby town. I haven't watercolored in forever but it seemed to be the thing to do.

Paper's rippled and colors are nearly impossible to get true to life when taking a picture or a scan of the artwork, but here's the approximation at least!
That’s beautiful.

Firemajic

Poetry Mentor
Staff member
Senior Mentor
love the mixed media, the watercolor adds softness while the use of ink keeps the details in place... this is a delicate, dreamy painting, I would love it hanging on my wall... I hope you have time to do more, and share them with us... thank you ;)

Gumby

Staff member
Co-Owner
It's lovely! Does your daughter share your talent?

I know what you mean. And from different screens it is bound to look different.

Foxee

Patron
Patron
She does! At least I think so. She particularly likes scenes that include water, I think. I'll try to post up one that she has that I have on my wall and the photo that she worked from. I'm not entirely sure how much she'll pursue art but when she's into it, she is really into it.

Thanks, Fire, this is a little bitty thing, a sketchbook page about 6"x8". Time to work bigger. :)

Users who are viewing this thread