Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Salems Lot - Unknown? (1 Viewer)

Journey

I am not entirely sure how it is spelled or who it is by, but that is not the case. Has anyone read this book? My friend recommended it to me saying it was an awsome Horror book.

Would anyone else recommend it?

< I will inquire about the authors name when I see my friend next, unless someone here knows off hand. >

northerain

It's by S. King of course. The book is excellent, imho. The village(town?) of Salems Lot exists in King's universe and is featured in various other stories(dont remember the titles, but there are more than 2). The book itself is very good, somewhat scary at parts(depends on the person). There is also an old movie, which is ok, and a made-for-TV movie(mini-series?) which came out 2004. I thought it was ok.

daniela

Ditto everything northerain said about the book. Several years ago, I was flipping through it for a report I was doing on Stephen King. After glancing at a few pages in the middle, I couldn't resist sitting down and reading the whole thing. Fortunately, it only took me a couple of hours because I still had a report to do.

--DM--

Edit: typo

C

crystalized-breath

*laughs* yeah, Salems Lot rocks, as do so many other Stephen King books...have you read other King books, or is this the first time you embark on the twisting winding path, down to Castle Rock, Salems Lot, and all the others?

Journey

Oh wow it's a Steven King book. Great! I love Steven King. I havn't read many of his books, but the ones I have read were very good.

Thanks guys.

A

Aevin

northerain said:
The village(town?) of Salems Lot exists in King's universe and is featured in various other stories(dont remember the titles, but there are more than 2).

In the Dark Tower series, the events in Salem's Lot play an important role in Wolves of the Calla, Song of Susannah, and The Dark Tower. Won't say how--read those books, people!

LensmanZ313

There's another 'Salem sequel in the Kingverse: "The Night Flier." It has a vampire from 'Salem's Lot--who is also a pilot--interacting with a character from The Dead Zone.