Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Saddam Hussein is Trying to Get His New Book Published (1 Viewer)

Cipher2

"....Abdel Amir said "Get Out, Damned One" describes an Arab leading an army that invades the land of the enemy and topples one of their monumental towers, an apparent reference to the Sept. 11 attack on the World Trade Center in New York by Osama bin Laden's al-Qaida network.

Asharq al-Awsat, which published the entire work over several days last year, said the manuscript was found in the Ministry of Culture after Baghdad's fall. It said it had received its copy from Saddam's physician, Alla Bashir, who fled Iraq after the war and was believed to be in Qatar.

Saddam, 68, also has been credited with writing three other books: "Zabibah and the King," "The Fortified Citadel" and "Men and a City."

"Zabibah and the King" tells a story of a leader who sacrifices a luxurious life for the sake of his people.

"The Fortified Citadel" described the rise to power of Saddam's Baath Party.

"Men and a City" is widely viewed as a thinly veiled autobiography, presenting him as powerful and heroic. "

SOURCE: http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/story/CTVNews/1119808404621_37/?hub=Entertainment

I would be very interested to read "Get Out, Damned One" though I doubt I will see it. An English House turned it down. Apparently it's not very good. Also, unsurprisingly it is ghostwritten.

semtecks

And theres us worrying about getting published when all we had to do was backstab and bomb our way to the top of a country; Torture, maim, gas, and destrotry millions and we'd be in.

Vos

Actually, "Zabibah and the King" sounds kinda interesting, especially comeing from Saddam Husain.You know, seeing how he seems to be the exact oppisite of this leader and all.

Cipher2

I just read an article on Yahoo news that his latest translated variously as "Get out, curse you!" or "Get out, damned one" is selling like hot-cakes.

It seems like there is no stoping criminals releasing books and profting from their crimes.

midlandsmuse

starrwriter said:
I was afraid we would get this nonsense when Saddam was captured alive. The soldier who found him should have put two in his head and claimed he resisted.

Then we'd have the book, "Saddam, I KILLED HIM" by Private Ernest Scribbler. 305 thrilling pages describing the four minutes between finding him in a hole and shooting him in the face. Ghost written by Andrew Morton. :lol: